• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

unit evolve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
hi can someone help me ake a eolve item recipe for a unit/heros
like ill be having 10 to 15 starting units ull pick from.
and ull need to buy items and the recipe for it to evolve the unit.

like peasant buys sword & shield then buys recipe then he turns into swordman then swordman can turn into knight then knight into something else.
pretty much i need trigger to evovle them with items each unit will have atleast 3 to 4 units they can turn into some units will bebale ot turn to units thats alreasy set up:ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 11
Well, first, you'll need to trigger the ingredients merging, but since, the question of this thread is how to make units evolve when they get the item, I suppose you already finished all that.
You can make a unit evolve into other using this trigger:
  • EvolveToFootman
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Peasant
      • Shield & Sword Equal to (Item-type of (Item being manipulated))
    • Actions
      • Unit - Replace (Triggering unit) with a Footman using The old unit's relative life and mana
I need more info if you want to make something more..

Level 3
havent done anything but heres a video little lame but u might get the idead on what im talking bout. start like 2 mins

but what he does he is he looks at the next class hero he will get. and he sees theres items he needs to do that like sword and shield =shield&sword item well they combined then he buys the recipes he need and theos combine and he eovles then thoes items he used to evolve go away so there gone. hope i explain it it enough the map in this video is called Digimon Brawl arena.

i can make the recipe to combine the items thats simple just not the triggers to evovle. but if u do it try to make it where i can copy the same trigger and paste it and change the items and the unit so i can have more then one unit doing it. like peasant. samurai dinosaur all thoes 4 will eovlve into somthing then thell evolve into somthing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPSCxx63E-I&spfreload=10

Level 11
It's an item-type comparision.
Okay, well, first you need to learn how to make items merge into 1 item and make the simple trigger above to make units evolve once they make that item.

Here's a simple trigger of how to make items merge every time they find theirselves together in an inventory:
  • MergeShadowOrb
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Sacred Relic
          • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Ring of the Archmagi
          • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Shadow Orb Recipe
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Shadow Orb Recipe) Equal to True
          • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Sacred Relic) Equal to True
          • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Ring of the Archmagi) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Set DropperPoint = (Position of (Triggering unit))
          • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to drop (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Sacred Relic) at DropperPoint
          • Item - Remove (Last dropped item)
          • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to drop (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Shadow Orb Recipe) at DropperPoint
          • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to drop (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Ring of the Archmagi) at DropperPoint
          • Hero - Create Shadow Orb and give it to (Triggering unit)
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Triggering unit) using Abilities\Spells\Items\AIam\AIamTarget.mdl
          • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created Special Effect)
        • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_DropperPoint)
Haven't tested it, but should work fine.

Last edited:
Level 17
It's an item-type comparision.
Okay, well, first you need to learn how to make items merge into 1 item and make the simple trigger above to make units evolve once they make that item.

Here's a simple trigger of how to make items merge every time they find theirselves together in an inventory:
  • MergeShadowOrb
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Sacred Relic
          • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Ring of the Archmagi
          • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Shadow Orb Recipe
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Shadow Orb Recipe) Equal to True
          • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Sacred Relic) Equal to True
          • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Ring of the Archmagi) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Set DropperPoint = (Position of (Triggering unit))
          • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to drop (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Sacred Relic) at DropperPoint
          • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to drop (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Shadow Orb Recipe) at DropperPoint
          • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to drop (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Ring of the Archmagi) at DropperPoint
          • Hero - Create Shadow Orb and give it to (Triggering unit)
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Triggering unit) using Abilities\Spells\Items\AIam\AIamTarget.mdl
        • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_DropperPoint)
Haven't tested it, but should work fine.
1. Put the Triggers in Hidden Tags
2. The Special Effect Leaks. Use:
  • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created Special Effect)
3. Attach a Map for further use of N00bs.

Status
Not open for further replies.