• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Turning a Unit into a Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Is it possible to turn a unit into a hero? The problem is that the skin that i downloaded uses this custom path "Units\Orc\WitchDoctor\WitchDoctor.blp" which replaces the skin of a unit and not a hero so either i need to turn the unit into a hero or learn how to make my own custom path in the import editor.

Thnx

Level 12
He said he uses skin. That replaces the unit model.

I think you should change the path from
"Units\Orc\WitchDoctor\WitchDoctor.blp" to
"Units\Orc\HeroFarseer\HeroFarseer.blp" (will replace farseer model, and it`ll be hero)

You can't change the path of a skin....

Make a custom hero and change its model to the witch doctor.

He said he uses skin. That replaces the unit model.

I think you should change the path from
"Units\Orc\WitchDoctor\WitchDoctor.blp" to
"Units\Orc\HeroFarseer\HeroFarseer.blp" (will replace farseer model, and it`ll be hero)

this would cause something bad because the skin is made for witch doctor so it may not wrap good with the far seer....

anyway, just follow what they said, just create a hero then change the model to the witch doctor. (thats some basic knowledge anyway)

Level 18
this would cause something bad because the skin is made for witch doctor so it may not wrap good with the far seer....

anyway, just follow what they said, just create a hero then change the model to the witch doctor. (thats some basic knowledge anyway)
Mwahaha I forgot that skin changes the game-model, not unit data ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.