• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Unit dies...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hello guys, long time GUI-user, first time GUI-maker.
I'm actually working on a spellpack for my campaign (I'm not going to say on who it is based) but I came across a problem.
The "A unit dies" event seems to be really, really buggy. In fact, the trigger plays even at medium health of the unit!
To not mention the fact that if I use the If-then-else function and under If - Conditions I put "Dying unit has ******** ****** level 1" (Unit has specific buff), it just doesn't go on, likely not being able to say if the unit has this buff or not.
Make some light shine upon those problems.

Any future help will receive my thanks and rep. Thanks in advance.

P.S: If necessary, I will give my test map but only in a private message. I'd like to not spoil upon who is based the spellpack until it is finished, plus I don't want anybody to "accidentally" steal the idea or the spell.

Level 4
I don't know why dying unit is buggy and what you chould use instead.

But, I think the reason why the if doesnt go on is that I think, a dead unit can't have any buffs (correct me if I'm wrong).

Level 10
Thought about it too, it is like asking the system to check something that no longer exists.
But!
I thought the "Dying Unit has specific buff" was made for a reason, so thought it would work anyway. Meh, I just can't understand what Dying Unit is made for then.
+rep for the really quick reply, more help is appreciated.

Level 10
Well, the "check if it has the buff" was an important part to recognize the level of the ability. I was using separate buffs to recognize the various levels.

The problem was that Event - A unit dies was playing at even HALF the unit's hp, when it was not even dead. I added a Condition: "Dying Unit life less than 1" and it is now working.
Since I can't check buffs on dead units I'll need another way to check the levels. The main problem, anyway, is solved now.

Status
Not open for further replies.