• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Unit Damage Detecting from spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I can do it, but my world editor stopped working. :S I'll edit this post soon and send the trigger.

[Edit]:
This trigger adds units that's entering the game
  • Random Trigger
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Entire map)
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Add to Show Damages <gen> the event (Unit - (Entering unit) Takes damage)
This adds units that are on the map already in the beginning
  • Random Trigger
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Entire map)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Trigger - Add to Show Damages <gen> the event (Unit - (Picked unit) Takes damage)
This adds the text that will be showed.
  • Random Trigger
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads ((String((Damage taken))) + !) at (Position of (Damage source)) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
      • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 2.00 seconds //Sets how long time the text will be.
      • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 200.00 towards 90.00 degrees //Sets the speed and the angle.[/COLOR]
      • Floating Text - Change the age of (Last created floating text) to 1.00 seconds
      • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 3.00 seconds

Last edited:
Level 29
I think he means of a way to detect the unit's damage.
There isn't any way I know of, maybe there is in JASS ?

[offtopic] humpadumpa, did you check if your damage checker there works ? I want to finaly know if events like those really somehow create their own variables or just don't work lol.

Level 6
well, you could detect it, if u know what unit it is, what buffs/debuffs it has, what items it has, what lvl it is, how much attributes/level it gets and how much the dmg/primary attribute in gameplay constants is set to ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.