• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Unit collisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
[SOLVED] solution= Ghost (visible) ability worked fine.

introduktion to the subject.

Unit collision, i have looked up for the past hour on how to fix a problem with this and i cant find any forum post that has the solution.

Problem.

my problem is that i am doing a maze tower defence map like Gem TD, and the units get stuck when there is to many units in the maze and some are going back and some still going to the region befor turning back.
This makes some units lose there pathfinding to the region, standing still until there is a "path" or even turn back until there pathing works and they trying again to get to the region.
total units in a wave is 30

my attempts on a solution.

i tried both change the pathing - Collision size to 0.0 or 1.0 on both towers and units.
i have units downscaled to 0.5
i dont do unit group spawns so i have them spawning with a 3 sec delay.

code:
Unit - Create 1 wave 1 for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of red right <gen>) facing (Center of red middle <gen>)
Wait 3.00 seconds
Unit - Create 1 wave 1 for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of red right <gen>) facing (Center of red middle <gen>)

Questions.

• is there a option to make units walk through other units?
  • is there something i can change the value of to make them pass the maze better?
  • if i load up say Gem TD could i find a solution on the information on his custom units?

Last edited:
Level 12
is there a option to make units walk through other units?
You could use windwalk to let units be able to pass through each other, but still have collision towards buildings and terrain.

I don't remember exactly which field should be what, but you can make it so the "delay" before the unit becomes invisible is longer than the actual duration, so the unit never becomes invisible.

But then there's 0 collision between units at all

Level 21
You could use the ghost (visible) ability.

It makes it so that units with this ability can move through each other.

Level 3
You could use windwalk to let units be able to pass through each other, but still have collision towards buildings and terrain.

I don't remember exactly which field should be what, but you can make it so the "delay" before the unit becomes invisible is longer than the actual duration, so the unit never becomes invisible.

But then there's 0 collision between units at all
thanks alot! might try both windwalk and ghost (visible) to se what works best for my map! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.