Unit blocking the path

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Hi!

I'm remaking the bomberman map i'm working on (Signature).

I'm making bombs as buildings so they block the path where they're placed at, but they kick the bomber off because it's standing at the same place. I'd like to know if there's a way to make the bomb block the path about 0.5 seconds later, or something like that, to allow the bomber to move in one direction.

I'd also like to know if there's a way to prevent the map turning "Black" when the cam is too far from terrain. Fog is already disabled.

Level 9
the only way i could think of is making the bomb a unit and make a trigger either do 1) create pathing blockers in a square after 0.5 seconds or 2) changing the collision size after 0.5 seconds.

Level 25
Camera: Set camera field - far Z (I think... otherwise create a camera in editor, zoom out until you see black, ctrl-scroll down to increase that value and make the black go away, copy values)

Here's what I would do for the blocking:
Instead of creating the actual bomb on cast, create dummy bomb that looks like a bomb, but has no pathing. Add expiration timer 0.5 seconds, when it dies you put the actual bomb in its place.

Level 8
Hi!

I'm remaking the bomberman map i'm working on (Signature).

I'm making bombs as buildings so they block the path where they're placed at, but they kick the bomber off because it's standing at the same place. I'd like to know if there's a way to make the bomb block the path about 0.5 seconds later, or something like that, to allow the bomber to move in one direction.

I'd also like to know if there's a way to prevent the map turning "Black" when the cam is too far from terrain. Fog is already disabled.

From my small terraining experience i can give you a hint.
I dont know how to remove this blackish issue but, i am almost positive its the skybox not the fog, because when you are i the free camera in the editor and you CNTLR + roll the mouse scoll the sky comes closer or gets away, and when that happens, when you push it away you can zoom out more without map turning black, so its almost certainly the skybox. I dont know if that can help you :p

~cheers~

Level 20
@rulerofiron99 Thanks. Far Z was the answer, and your method replacing the bomb was the best inside what I wasked but I decided to use the "Tiny Altar" thing to place the bombs. It's a bit annoying because you have to press the Hotkey and select the spot, but it's still better than being kicked and gives more control about where the bomb goes.

Thanks everyone else for your answers!

Level 20
Well.. bomb's are a pain in the ass, they block the path in an awfull way. It's annoying. That's the idea :D

Units have blink, divine shield, and some other skills to handle these situations.

Invitation is up for everyone to test Bomberman v1.2 - Signature -(it still has some bugs I couldn't fix today, but works)

Status
Not open for further replies.