• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unit attack speeds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi, im having a small problem, i noticed that all units and buildings seem to have a set maximum attack speed, so when i change the attack speed to 0.00, its fast, but its not fast enough, im looking for something like a machine-gun fast, like ive seen in a lot of maps, but i cant seem to figure out how to get things to attack faster? any help?

Level 3
That's just a easy case =)
Just 3 basic thing that affect attack speed , when this 3 are set to zero , you should change the phrase "machine-gun fast" to "laser fast" =X

In your unit editor ...
1 . Combat-Attack 1/2-Cool Down Time
The lower , the faster . Determine cool down time of attack . Can be adjust by adding attack speed to unit.
2 . Combat-Attack 1/2-Animation Backswing Point
The lower , the faster (normal bigger or same to Animation Damage Point). Determine the time of the unit to pick up its hand XD
3 . Combat-Attack 1/2-Animation Damage Point
The lower , the faster . Time for the unit to damage / shoot out missle to their target =)

Hope these can help.

Level 2
edit the existing Item Attack Speed Bonus ability from the Item Abilities section. Set it to its maximum and add it to the unit. It increases a lot of attack speed, and doesnt take up a button slot since it was meant to be an item ability. Doin tt with fattyghost's suggestion; hw bout lets jus say u cnt see the bullets? ;D

Level 9
with 0 cooldown time and a 0 damage point, you will get 11 attacks per second (backswing point does nothing for melee units). With an attack speed increasing ability, you can get it to about 46 attacks per second (or something around that).
Remember though, that you can't get more attacks per second then there are game-loops per second.

Status
Not open for further replies.