• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[General] Unit Attack AI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
?
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Attacking unit) to Stop

Level 31
Please don't respond with GUI : ), I won't look at it, so ur just wasting ur time with that

Gave +rep for trying to help tho =), even if the post only had "?" ^)^

Still looking for a solution. I'm going to note that giving 0 attack cooldown and ordering a unit to stop while attacking is the exact opposite of what I wanted, lol. The whole point here is to not have them fire off tons of events.

Did that in this old lib here http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/submissions-414/system-unit-attack-213779/

JASS:
        private static method onInit takes nothing returns nothing
            local integer i = 15
            local trigger t = CreateTrigger()

call TriggerAddCondition(t, Condition(function thistype.attack))
            call TriggerAddCondition(resetTrigger, Condition(function thistype.reset))

set table = Table.create()

loop
                call TriggerRegisterPlayerUnitEvent(t, Player(i), EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_ATTACKED, null)
                call TriggerRegisterPlayerUnitEvent(resetTrigger, Player(i), EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_ISSUED_ORDER, null)
                call TriggerRegisterPlayerUnitEvent(resetTrigger, Player(i), EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_ISSUED_TARGET_ORDER, null)
                call TriggerRegisterPlayerUnitEvent(resetTrigger, Player(i), EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_ISSUED_POINT_ORDER, null)
                exitwhen 0 == i
                set i = i - 1
            endloop

set t = null
        endmethod

So if anyone's thinking that spamming attacks is the solution to disabling attacks, that's actually the opposite. I don't want attacks to fire, I want them disabled, not spammed ^)^.

Is there a way to enable/disable unit attacks while keeping the combat AI on the unit enabled so that they follow enemies, acquire targets, and so on w/o attacking until the attack is enabled?

Level 12
You just said you need to stop unit from actually attacking without disabling combat AI, all I said is stop attacking unit when it begins its attack animation.You don't need to change its attack cooldown or something like that.

Level 31
Chance to miss still wouldn't work. I don't want the unit to be attacking at all. When I enable the attack, I want it to start attacking again, so it should be instantly ready.

Think of it like this. Let's say that I give it 1000000000000 cooldown so that it never attacks, then when I want it to attack, I lower the cooldown to 0 and then raise it back up to 1000000000000. That is what I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.