• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[General] Unit as a Destructible missing texture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey all.

Forgive me if this is a simple question.

I'm randomly generating destructables as in game resources across my entire map. Unfortunately, building a trigger for drops only accounts for the first 64 destructables in the map.

I tried several recommendations referring to each destructible as it's picked (when it dies) drop xyz. None of them are working.

I've decided going with a unit dressed up as a destructible is easier. But now reforged is giving me another challenge.

Unit model file is the barrens tree. But barrens tree 1-10 have no texture. If you look, all other trees have no texture as well. Does anyone know how to get these textures to appear on the models?

I'm going to build the resource gathering system on units instead. Not enough destructible triggers or actions.

Untitled.png

Level 21
when I tried using tree models for other things I had the same problem and I think the only workaround is using custom imported tree models. I think blizzard has it internally that all the different tree shapes don't have their own skin, and the skin is only applied depending on the tileset-tree type. And I'm talking pre-reforged too.

Level 4
when I tried using tree models for other things I had the same problem and I think the only workaround is using custom imported tree models. I think blizzard has it internally that all the different tree shapes don't have their own skin, and the skin is only applied depending on the tileset-tree type. And I'm talking pre-reforged too.

Thanks a ton for your response. I hope someone has found a workaround for this or blizzard finally adds some destructable events/actions. I think its crazy they havent after all these years.

Status
Not open for further replies.