• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unit ability limit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
How many abilities can be added to unit total? I am adding a lot of stuff e.g. spellbooks, hidden spellbooks, tornado buff auras, hidden abilities.
If there is limit do abilities in spellbooks count? What if I have a spellbook which contains several more spellbooks?

Level 7
1) spellbooks themselves only take up 1 slot. And each of them can store up to 11 abilities. So no they wont hit the ability cap.
2) About the passive abilities, you can sinply add them to a spellbook and disable the spellbook and they will still work.
3) if you have a spellbook inside a spellbook, I am not sure if it's gonna be buggy or not but I guess it should be fine.

Level 11
You could also put auras and similar passives in 0,-11 coordinates and have potentially infinite of them as their icons will not show up.

Level 39
Or use the ‘new’ show/hide or enable/disable per-unit actions to hide the icons without disabling the abilities. I would recommend that method if you sometimes want to be able to see them and 0,-11 if you never want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.