• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unique Gold Mine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm. You'll could make a copy of the "hexed GoldMine" Unit and replace its Abilities by the normal "Goldmine-Ability" and remove the "Goldmine Ability" from the normal Goldmine.

Hmm, has the sideeffect that the Goldmine is removed, if the Hexed Goldmine gets destroyed.
And the resource amount is reseted to basic value of the picked gold ability on build.

Attachments

• Goldmine.w3x
    16.5 KB · Views: 56
Level 11
Hmm. You'll could make a copy of the "hexed GoldMine" Unit and replace its Abilities by the normal "Goldmine-Ability" and remove the "Goldmine Ability" from the normal Goldmine.

Hmm, has the sideeffect that the Goldmine is removed, if the Hexed Goldmine gets destroyed.
And the resource amount is reseted to basic value of the picked gold ability on build.

But the units can still mine without the haunted mine. I want it so that the workers can mine only when there is a built haunted mine there.

Level 15
You could put mines which do not have Gold Mine ability on the map, so they cannot be mined, but trigger it so that when a building built on the mine is finished, the trigger replaces the built mine with a normal mine with Gold Mine ability, which has the model of the built-on mine, but which isn't Invulnerable. Then if that mine is destroyed you can trigger it so that another mine replaces it, the mine which was first put in the editor, maybe with less gold. This method can have some limitations, though, but it's the only one I can think of right now.

Level 11
You could put mines which do not have Gold Mine ability on the map, so they cannot be mined, but trigger it so that when a building built on the mine is finished, the trigger replaces the built mine with a normal mine with Gold Mine ability, which has the model of the built-on mine, but which isn't Invulnerable. Then if that mine is destroyed you can trigger it so that another mine replaces it, the mine which was first put in the editor, maybe with less gold. This method can have some limitations, though, but it's the only one I can think of right now.

Not bad but I need the other races like Human and Orc to still be able to mine from normal mines.

Level 4
Disable it only when there is a nearby custom race worker and no nearby enemy worker which is mining. I'm pretty sure wc3 will automatically prevent your custom race worker from mining if an enemy worker is mining at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.