• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with "Haunted gold mine"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
okay so i'm making my starcraft map and zerg are based of night elfs terran from orcs and protoss from humans the problem is that.

vespene geiser is based of gold mine and drones scv and probes got the colect gold ability from acolyte.

but when i click to build the refinery(example) the path tells me i can build there and all but then when they get close they just don't build it..

could someone help with this?.

Level 11
Make sure the refinery has "Stats - Can Build On" set to "True" and the geyser has "Stats - Can Be Built On" set to "True".

I'm not sure if haunted gold mines can even be summoned with non-undead build type.

Level 18
managed to do it without haunted gold mine (used a building of a race for each)
but now i've noticed that the vespene gas stays at the bottom , the white effect like aura appears at the side of the vespene gas + workers stay at the gold mine instead of returning (it works like it's a normal haunted gold mine) , but if i use normal gold mine ability workers will be able to use also normal vespene gas and not build the refinery.....

Level 11
Use triggers to remove the vespene geyser and refinery when a refinery is created and instead create a refinery with the normal gold mine ability. When the refinery dies create a vespene geyser at its location.

Level 9
Did you tryed to make switch? For e.g.:

When unit ends to build hunted gold mine (dummy unit(flying, no paths)) remove it, gold mine and place the real hunted gold mine.

or:

Remove gold mines at all. Make some terrain modifications at places where you can gather gas (for e.g. no grass here). Replace building hunted mine with regular goldmine. And when someone trys to build goldmine somwhere else, abort it.

Level 18
Did you tryed to make switch? For e.g.:

When unit ends to build hunted gold mine (dummy unit(flying, no paths)) remove it, gold mine and place the real hunted gold mine.

or:

Remove gold mines at all. Make some terrain modifications at places where you can gather gas (for e.g. no grass here). Replace building hunted mine with regular goldmine. And when someone trys to build goldmine somwhere else, abort it.

i was thinking about this but it would be too much trubble just for the vespene gas. i will add that later .

Status
Not open for further replies.