• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Unhiding and playing birth animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Hi guys, I tried searching the forums with the search function and not hit with the combination of key words I used, so I am assuming I am just missing something very obvious.

Essentially, I was wondering if there is a way to unhide a unit and then play its birth animation without having to see its stand animation all while the camera is facing the unit/doodad. Up until now, I have had to show a scene without it, turn the camera away, then unhide a doodad/unit then play its birth animation, and then finally turn the camera back to the original place.

I do not mind doing this, its just that it cuts the flow of the cinematics I make to the people with keen eyes, and I personally would prefer not to do this as it adds an impact when the camera does not need to turn away every time I want to unhide a unit then play tis birth animation (for story reasons It does not make sense to have it unhidden when the camera first looks at the region/place.

I apologise if this question has a very obvious answer I am missing :p

Level 23
Well, I need to create a unit or doodad.
But I need it to happen while the camera is facing the direction it spawns. If i create it, it does not play its birth animation, so i need to use hide/unhide, but that does not work either, since it still shows its stand when i immediately unhide. :p

Level 23
so for example, there is a model like a flower, and its birth animation is to come out of the ground. I want a camera shot of the unit coming out of the ground.
As for your question, I want the unit hidden at map initialization, then when the camera is facing one way, i want to unhide the unit and then play its birth animation, but between those two actions the camera shows the units stand, and i want to avoid this :p

Sorry if this is confusing.

Level 6
so for example, there is a model like a flower, and its birth animation is to come out of the ground. I want a camera shot of the unit coming out of the ground.
As for your question, I want the unit hidden at map initialization, then when the camera is facing one way, i want to unhide the unit and then play its birth animation, but between those two actions the camera shows the units stand, and i want to avoid this :p

Sorry if this is confusing.
i'm afraid this is impossible unlesss you make the Flower a unit and made it play Death animation getting flower from the ground doesn't work at all and won't work unless We get the HiveWE which will be here soon.

Level 13
First, move the camera to the specific spot, and use of these actions:
  • -------- For units --------
  • Animation - Play UNIT's birth animation
  • -------- For doodads --------
  • Animation - Play the birth animation for all doodads of type DOODAD within REGION
Do note I said to move the camera first, because if one's camera is far away from the unit/doodad, they will ignore the animation command, and that specific player won't see it.

Also, doodads have these cool animations too:
JASS:
hide
show
soundon
soundoff

Level 23
First, move the camera to the specific spot, and use of these actions:
  • -------- For units --------
  • Animation - Play UNIT's birth animation
  • -------- For doodads --------
  • Animation - Play the birth animation for all doodads of type DOODAD within REGION
Do note I said to move the camera first, because if one's camera is far away from the unit/doodad, they will ignore the animation command, and that specific player won't see it.

Also, doodads have these cool animations too:
JASS:
hide
show
soundon
soundoff

Hihi!
Bloodsoul thank you so much for explaining that to me!. Actually, the way i was learning was from going through the blizzard triggers for the standard campaign. I saw that exact trigger (play in region) for the nightelf final mission Frozen throne, when illidan creates a portal to escape, and the camera is looking right at the place. I originally though it was because there were other doodads in the region which was why they used that trigger, now i know it was to do the trick i was trying to find out :)
Thank you!

Can i just check, do you mean it must be unhidden and then use those commands? :p

Level 13
Yes, if you just hide and show a unit/doodad again without telling them to play a specific animation, they will just play the "stand" anim. Unless, it's a unit with a "tag" animation - Usually units with metamorphosis use those "tag" animations (alternate); or a peon carrying a gold sack.

Status
Not open for further replies.