• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unexpected Charge

attachment.php

Unexpected Charge requested by Asomath.
Asomath;953816 said:
Description: The caster moves at lightning speed to a random unit in an area. Enemies can see the hero as he moves, but can do nothing to stop him. When the caster arrives at the target, he is behind the target, and resumes his normal attacking.

Bare Effect: Alright, here is how the spell works. The caster moves to a random unit from a group of enemy units in a “region”. However, within the region, if the enemy unit is within 200 (of whatever warcraft uses as measuring units) of the caster, that unit can not be chosen as the target for this effect. The caster must be able to be seen by players as moving to the target, but must be fast, as in, this needs to occur within 1 or two seconds. If there are no units valid for the target of this ability, the ability does not fire.

Preferred Bonus’s: [All done]
-I would like it if summoned units, even if it is out of the 200 area of the caster, does not count as a target for the ability.
-If you like adding eye candy, since they are moving fast, some sort of transparent trail would follow.

Keywords:
Charge, Death, Magic, Hero, Spell, Fast, Shadow, Fade,
Contents

Unexpected Charge (Map)

Reviews
12:47, 8th Feb 2009 Hanky: Advice: 5 points are the highest rating and 1 point is the lowest rating. Documentation: 5 Visual Effects: 5 Triggering: 5 Idea: 5 Well, there's not much to say. The triggering is good, the spell is...
Level 8
This is a great spell, but what to do if your map features enemies that are above or in deep water? Unit casting gets stuck. Is there a way to check whether or not the end location is walkable and if not pick a diff unit/not cast at all?

Level 8
Using @Bribe knockback system might be the very solution needed for the matter. Using [Snippet] IsTerrainWalkable is also another. Both requires to modify part of the source code though.
Thank you for the reply! ^^

I actually found a perfect solution using certain parts of Check Walkability by PurgeandFire and adding them into this abilities trigger. It works great, just in case anyone is looking for this in the future message me and I'll send you the fix :)