• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Unable to create normal units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello all, first time poster

I'm working on making a relatively simple project making "variant" heroes, effectively taking existing heroes and tweaking abilities to make them fresh or unique for a change of pace in the game. I'm working on a Beastmaster variant and want to make a wolf instead of a bear and am trying to make it a permanent unit, but I don't want to be basic and use the existing Timber Wolf/Giant Wolf/Dire Wolf for levels 1/2/3. I want to create wolves with specific stats/abilities, but I've run into a snag; no matter what I try to do I can't make a non-hero custom unit.

I've tried making them from scratch and copy/pasting them, but every time the new unit ends up being classified as a hero unit in the game. I've scoured the object editor screen looking for a box to change the unit to a non-hero unit, but I'm either horribly blind or it's not there.

Is there another way to create a non-hero unit I don't know about? Any support would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
When creating a unit you will be asked to give it a rawcode, which is a 4 character id that uses a combination of letters and numbers such as: H000

If the first letter of the rawcode is capitalized the unit will become a Hero. Otherwise, it will be a non-Hero unit.

Last edited:
Level 2
When creating a unit you will be asked to give it a rawcode, which is a 4 character id that uses a combination of letters and numbers such as: H000

If the first letter of the rawcode is capitalized the unit will become a Hero. Otherwise, it will be a non-Hero unit.
I appreciate the help greatly, I just capitalized it out of habit so I never would have thought of that

Status
Not open for further replies.