• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Strange behavior of the editor when creating custom units.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I've been trying to make a few custom units for a map I've been working on, however, I've run into an issue/bug that makes it completely impossible to continue.

Here is the situation: I made a custom Murloc unit a while back and today I decide to make a ranged Murloc unit. However, when I then select the old Murloc it instead re-selects the newly created unit.
I've tried to create a few other units and it seems to be random whether this happens or not.

Hope you guys can help.

Level 14
It might possibly be the two objects have the same object id.

Kindly press CTRL+D and check if those two murlocs have the same ID. All you need to do is to use a different four character ID when you paste one to avoid duplicities.

Level 2
It might possibly be the two objects have the same object id.

Kindly press CTRL+D and check if those two murlocs have the same ID. All you need to do is to use a different four character ID when you paste one to avoid duplicities.

The original Murloc ID is n002:nmrl while the new one is n008:nmrl

EDIT: I found a fix, instead of selecting the unit from the unit-pallet, right-click the unit in the Custom-Unit creator instead and click "Select in tool pallet" this seems to have fixed it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.