• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Um, hi Hive, i'm a noob, so, yeah...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hey, forum!
I've started side project as hobby, please, consider checking:
Warcraft II: Reforged Melee v1.10

The background. Now am an actively working game designer, BUT when I was a kid I was doing some WE without any internets around, and thus wasn't very bright with WE. Then Blizzard brought me back with their REFORGEDtm shenanigan, and it gradually soaked me with doing the same map I was doing in my mind all the time since I was a kid.

And, the main questions are, how do I get:
a) Players to play this map with?
and
b) Approve Status to feel confident?

Because I had none of theese, and this makes me feel stuck at it.

Feedback
Great forum you have here, thanks for all the scholarship knowledge, guys, worthwile.

Level 16
Just to correct. BETA is fine, but it has to have value to someone who tries it out. It has to have winning conditions and no glaring holes. BETA would be more in terms of "more content to be added" or "still needs to be balanced". Like BETA of real games.

what if the point was to survive endless waves as long as possible and then die (like march of the scourge but without timer).

there is no victory condition in this case. only losing condition.

Level 5
Hm, you guys seem going off-topic, and I'm afraid the matter of your discussion is not nearly reference to my project. Win conditions was the first thing i encountered on public tests at b.net when it was at beta with Reforged. So, yeah, I understand what you were speaking, but, please, don't make it look like my precious map had problem with it. Thanks in advance, guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.