• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Ultra simple projectile spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
So it's been a million years since I've used JASS. I looked around for a projectile system for a little map I'm working on, but the ones I've found are waaay too complex for me to even use.

All I need is an ability that shoots a big ball of frost forward (in the direction the unit is facing) that goes until X range or it hits an enemy unit, and then explodes on collision, causing a Thunder Clap or Frost Nova or something (or really any event, so I can fiddle with it). It should also do extra damage to the unit it collides with.

Can someone provide me with this?

I'd like it to be organized in such a way that I can change the variables; the range, the speed, the damage, the ability cast on impact, the projectile, etc. Maybe a few other options. I don't care, however, if it can do barrel rolls and measure collisions on the Z axis, or pour me a cup of fucking coffee.

Simple projectile system anyone? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.