• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

how to make 1 projectile unit be the projectile for ALL projectiles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKF

TKF

Level 19
I've heard about this. I don't understand how this is possible. If its I would prefer using such system which is superior to my standard 1 unit pr projectile.

I cannot adapt bobs vertex projectile system if I don't understand it. Sytems does also support counter projectile projectile system.

I need too see an example how this is done and setting damage settings etc to that one unit.

Level 28
I'm going to hope that this is what you were talking about
So, after re-reading your initial post carefully, I don't think it is. I've never heard of a single unit being a projectile for all spells at the same time, though it might be achieved by using GetLocalPlayer, which can move units without collision locally (and even then 1 player may not have more than 1 projectile at a time).

You can use the model "dummy.mdx" and attach the special effect to its chest.
The projectile size can be adjusted by scaling the dummy, but color cannot be adjusted I believe (this usually doesn't look good for projectiles anyway).

I've attached a bit of a lazy test-map, but it should be enough to let you know how it works :).

Attachments

• Projectiles Dummy.w3x
    24.4 KB · Views: 50

TKF

TKF

Level 19
Ah thats how its done. Attaching sfx or model to a dummy model. I would never figured that out myself as lack of imagination. Thats how its done in SupCom maps, I never found the projectile units so I thought it was weird, naybe thought it was kinda type of map protection. System is so complex.

Doesn't attaching effect require more mem than just the projectile?

Level 28
Doesn't attaching effect require more mem than just the projectile?
Yeah, it probably does. You also need to save the effect somewhere (either an array variable with indexing, or in a hashtable) so that's another downside.

On the positive side, you don't have to look all over the place to find the projectile you need, you don't have to create any new projectiles which just sit in the object editor because a single trigger needs it and... that's about it?
Oh, you do need to import a model, but dummy.mdx has become a standard import for me anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.