• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

UI Help! <Just Answer it!>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hmm...Thanks to riben...for the tutorial of Alpha channel.
But i had a problem in HumanTile04.blp and 1. check this out
screenshoted.png

The problem on the left is because WC3 "splits" the HumanTile01.blp at a certain point. There's nothing you can do about that besides correcting the texture yourself so the bottom part does not go above this "splitting" line.

As for the HumanTile04.blp, resize it to 512x512 and reimport it. WC3 will automatically resize it back to 64x512 so it will look fine.

Damn, one of these days I should really write up a UI tutorial.

Level 4
@Pyritie

Thanks for your help...let me try it~

@madcd

Hmm...I already fixed the masking...the problem is the kyuubi's tail step-in on interface's boundary

Level 3
UI tiles are hard to work on. There are only 2 ways to fix your problem. 1.) Redo your skin so that the tails to in a different direction. (easy) 2.) Make a new model for that piece of the UI that fits perfectly and seamlessly with the others (difficult) (impossible - at least with the tool's avaliable on THW)

Also, the minimap looks strange because your tile "skin" covers part of the region where the minimap is supposed to be and isnt fully alpha'd out.
On the right, there is another tile that is specific to that quarterinch region along the side. I forget what it is called. It is called 'HumanUITile04'. It overlaps with 'HumanUITile03'

Status
Not open for further replies.