• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

[u][b]New DoTa MAP[/b][/u]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
OK,

I am basically making a new DoTa map, well making is probs a strong word, customising an existing one would be more accurate.

Basically i plan on using the DoTa Allstars as the basis for my map but changing all heros and items.

The theme that i am planning on doing for this DoTa is "Fatasy Heroes and Villans" i am basically going to create heroes based on charecters from various Fantasy books, and am planning to do the same with the items.

Basically the reason for this post is threefold, first i would like to ask if anyone knows if i will need to change any of the triggers in the map? i have already worked out i will need to change the one that prevents there being more of one hero type on each side, as i will need to change the hero names in this trigger but are there any others that i am missing that will need to be changed right from the start??

the second reason for the post is that much as i am a widely read man and already have a mirriad of ideas of charecters that i could use as heroes i would like some input from the good people of this community. Should u have an idea for a heo to be placed into this map please post below and also include any skills/spells u think that this charecter should have. If the skill/speel is something new then please provide the infomation needed for me to create this spell/skill in the game.

the third reason for the post is that much as many of the charaters can easliy be created using models/skins already existing in the game i am sure that amongst you you could come up with some great new ones for some of the characters. i would love to be able to do this myself but i cant find a program to extract the files so that i can make my own skins, so any help in this way would be appreciated,
Also once the map is made i will need people to playtest the map to remove the bugs and to balance the game,

should u have any ideas or input or mayB u wanna help make this map i dunno but any of these things would be usefull so if so please post on here. i await ure replies.
Thanx

Jsar

Level 2
Your level is not going to be worth playing; you stole a map. That aint cool. Dont be a n00b, go make ur own map. Like most people here. I hate people like u who steal maps. Either you're a n00b at map editing, or ur just plain pathetic. Seriously, go make ur own map.

Level 3
idiot

WTf?

what is ure problem dude?

yes i am basing the map on a pre-existing m,ap, which the maker of will get full credit i am not "stealing" anyones work. As i mentioned the the map that it ill will be based on will be used purley for the basic triggers and the actually terrain of the map every other aspect will be changed!

however if we wanna go dowm that route then why dont we look at the fact that the map that i am planning to use is a copy/edit of an already pre-existing map in the first place. And as the map is unprotected as far as i am concerned this makes it usable by all as long as credit is given where due.

and just out of interest what wonderfully original and outstanding maps have you ureself made that gives you the right to flame other peoples ideas???

and as for being a n00b. that is correct compared to many of the people out there making maps atm i am a n00b, and i am learning atm and i find the best way to do that is to look at succesful maps with new and exciting ideas in them to give me some idea of how these things are done.

Level 2
What "Outstanding" Maps Have I Made? Gimme About 5 Hours To Get Home, And I'll Make One In About 10 Minutes That You Couldn't Compare To If You Spent 10 Years On. As For "Basing", It Doesn't Matter To Me, I Still See It As Stealing. Thats An Opinion, I live In America, Freedom Of Opinion, Look It Up. -.-

Level 3
heh im not questioning ure map making ability dude and as u said ure allowed ure opinion, i just personally dont believe that there is any reason for you to come on here and start flaming people for basically no reason, at the end of the day there are only so many differnt types of map out there and i guarente wat ever amazing map that u could knock up in 10 mins would still be based on someone else's idea. and if you really had some great maps as u claim then u would have listed at least one of them here, then again looking at ure sig i see that u have made a diablo 2 hero arena and also working on a TD, i imagine of course u where the first person to ever make these maps??? i imagine that every skin/model/item/skill/spell etc was created soley by ureself, then again as i see many diablo 2 hero arenas and hundreds of differnt TD's out there i find it hard to belive that u came up with the original idea etc for either of these. mayB i am wrong but i doubt it. instead of being an abusive cunt towards people who are just starting out map making and who have an idea , you should make some constructive points to help people i imagine that u at one point where also a n00b map maker or did u pop out of ure mum with the inborn knowledge of how to do it? again i doubt it

Level 2
Flaming? ROFL!!! I havent even STARTED.. And If I Did decide to, I would get banned. So just keep ur mouth shut. As for my levels; No i didnt design the original idea. BUT, The other arenas SUCKED; (diablo 2) They ******* SUCKED. So i decided to make one that was actually worth playing, Maybe again and again. As for the TD's, HOW MANY ******* TD's HAVE THE 3v3v3v3, OR 3v3v3 FEAT.? NAME ONE ******* ONE. EXACTLY, THERE ARE NONE. SO JUST SHUTUP. I'm makin TWO, a 3v3v3, AND 3v3v3v3. Don't ******* complain 2 me. And as for "begining map maker", Sure, if u had have pointed that out in the begining, (which im not sure if u did or not..) then I wouldn't have said anything, and perhaps helped you. But instead u make up this bullsh*t and keep ******* running ur mouth about sh*t noone cares about. So thats the end of my story.

Level 2
BTW, Sorry. (You still didnt point out u were a beginner in map making in ur first post.) And if u really want me 2 help u on ur map, I will. Heres my qualities as a mapmaker:

Triggers: Very Good
Terrain: Good
Units: Very Good
Abilities: Expert (Read my tutorials on www.thehelper.net/forums/ , goto warcraft 3, and find Cynical Ones Tutorials..)
Doodads: Very Good
Cinamatics: Nothing Special.

And if i missed anything, point it out and i'll tell u how good i am..

Level 3
er as i said before dude, i am a beginging maker and so i use other peoples map as inspiration, as i said i can do and plan on changing all aspects of the game just planed on using the terrain from DotA as i suck at terrian making but as it happens just to piss u off mayB i will make that

Level 3
hmm

well after all the abuse that i recieved i have decidied that i will now create my map from scratch, however i could still do with some help with the heroes so if u have any ideas for heroes or villans from fantasy books, then this is the theme for this game! it is still going to be a DotA style map and the idea is still very much the same however i will be making it completly myself and not using a already made map.

Level 3
forgot to say

ok there was one question that i forgot to ask,

obviuosly in a DotA map there are 10 players five on each side, however i have noticed when looking at a DotA map there are only 4 start points on the map, how does this worlk, and also how do i set it so that the starts points dont have a castle and workers etc. basically wat i am asking is about the map initialisation i suppose , i have had a look at a few differnt maps but cant work out how to do it, i have sorted out the hero selection that was easy but not sure on the other thing.

i have a reasonable idea of simple triggers and after looking at a number of triggers on other maps even an idea at some of the more complicated ones, so if it is a trigger that i need to use then shouldnt be a problem.

Thanx

Level 3
hmm ok as no one actually decided to help me with this and i have no idea how to do it i have gone back to my original idea of using the DoTa Allstars map as a basis. so thats waht i have done, using the basic terrain and trigger from that map, although have heavly modified the terrain and am not using any spells,models,skins,items etc from the original version of the game, much as i know i will probs get slated for this the aurthor of the map will recieve full credit for the work of his that i have used. anyways as i said before if anyone has any ideas for spells/characters or skills for this map please let me know.

thanx

Jsar

Status
Not open for further replies.