• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tzule Jungle screenshots for Albian Rpg by M0rbid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Hi guys,
this is meant to show you some of my playable terrains, at the moment, I'm working on two maps, one of them for the Albian Rpg, from which I attached some screenshots!

The link to the Project-Thread is:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/idea-factory-462/albian-rpg-campaing-157118/

Screenshots:
They're only WiPs of the Tzule Jungle.
These are shots that mostly show the Pandaren Village on the map!
A new shot which shows the way to the beach next to the Pandaren Village!
Another shot added showing some nature from above!
New shot: The Pandaren beach with the Pandaren Village in the back!

Link to my Terrain-Showcase:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/terrain-board-267/m0rbids-terrain-showcase-156462/
If you liked the attached pictures, I would really be happy, if you would check this gallery, too!

Please feel free to give comments, tipps, critics and so on, so that I can improve my terraining and get some more ideas, how to continue!

Attachments

• PandarenVillage1.jpg
    PandarenVillage1.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 435
  • PandarenVillage2.jpg
    PandarenVillage2.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 404
  • PandarenVillage3.jpg
    PandarenVillage3.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 318
  • PandarenVillage4.jpg
    PandarenVillage4.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 294
  • TzuleBeach.jpg
    TzuleBeach.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 272
  • Waterfall.jpg
    Waterfall.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 843
  • PandarenBeach.jpg
    PandarenBeach.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 638
Last edited:
Level 23
I'll scale them by myself, as I said these are only WiPs and I haven't seen most of the mistakes in the terrain myself, so thankt you both for pointing them out!
Some more ideas and critics would be nice!

Update: A new picture, showing the path to the beach next to the Pandaren Village!

Level 23
Not sure, I normally lower all the doodads, that I add, but I'll check it again, when I finish the map! (I'll zoom through the whole terrain then, looking for mistakes).
But if you find some, please tell me!

(@ i_brg_doom: Those aren't the beaches, that you marked on your drwan map, those will be bigger)

Level 23
@ icecreamofdeath: those are pics, were I hadn't your skins!
But you need to put some more contrast into them, they don't fit to the rest of the plants, and doodads, because they have to less contrast!

Update: Another pic, showing some nature of Tzule Jungle!
Please keep commenting!

Level 14
why dont you use this model?

Personally i think the wc3 waterfall doodads are easier to work with and if used correctly can even look better then that waterfall.

These terrains are pretty cool but that second to last one looks like it has some noise? correct me if im wrong, either way it still looks bad and unrealistic try some smoother height variation especially in the surrounding areas. Also try and get some better scaling of doodads. There are also lots of palm tree doodads in the UTM and even more jungly plants, that you should look for. Ill try and sum it up, Its messy and needs more variation of all kinds. Good luck.

Level 23
Thank you for all the comments.

About the waterfall: I tried both, but after looking at them, I came to the result, that the blizzard waterfall jsut better fits the sunken ruins environment, so that's why I came up with that one.

@Azurot: thank you for your very helpful comment: Btw I didn't use noise, but I can see what you mentioned and you're totally right, i'll work on that, so thank you:thumbs_up: I'm going to import more plants later, but I didn't started on UTM so it's an annoying work to import:thumbs_down:

@icecreamofdeath: np, thx those seem to be much improved, but you only linked me the tga, unfortunattely I can't transform them on this computer, so could you do that for me please?

Status
Not open for further replies.