• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Two Questions PLEASE ANSWER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
First Question: How can I make Sentinal work on units instead of trees? i tried just unckecking tree and checking friendly, but the hero just plays his casting animation and nothing happens.

Second Question: I've tried MULTIPLE spells, but I just can't find one to copy that heals and replenishes mana at the same time in one spell while being able to select a target and at the same time have it have an auto-cast.

Anyone have any ideas?

P.S. , NO TRIGGERS.

P.S.S. I tried Replenish already, but for some reason it doesn't do anything.

Level 12
First answer: forget it, i'm sure you won't solve the problem with that spell, on another hand why don't you try something like Faerie Fire: it got same possibilities, just remove the armor factor and you're done, well ofc change the effects as you wish.
Second answer: only auto-cast abilities? If not you could find any other that gain hp and mp, or find the ones that steal hp and mp; while holding SHIFT double-click on field and enter negative value so you'd add hp and mp not steal.
Hope this was helpful =)

aple said:
P.S. , NO TRIGGERS.
=(

Level 12
The spell I'm trying to make is suppose to be for friendly units, increasing there own sight range and allowing them to see invisible units like the shade. I don't think faerie fire can do that.

But, I suppose that could be a good spell if I wanted it to be used on enemies, I may decide using that instead, but if it can then lemme know.

The reason why I don't want triggers is becuase i'm trying to make a fully functional melee race, so I just want to be able to import data and models/icons, fic DISBTNs and be done.

Level 12
Sounds good that you try to make race without triggers! Okay i got the idea let me search some more...
edit: faerie fire only will provide you with the vision as you said, right, not with detecting invisible units. There's also a spell Spy, try that
edit2: seems like no more spell s will fit, but still plenty more of passive ones, so maybe create some kind of another... you decision

Level 33
P.S. , NO TRIGGERS.
:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

If you don't want to trigger, this is all I can contribute...

Question 1:
For ally unit, you can use the ability "Item Sight Range Bonus" to increase that unit's sight radius and the ability "True Sight (Shade)" to see invisible unit. Upon targeted, add those 2 abilities to that unit (check if ally)
(Triggers needed)

Question 2:
Triggers needed :(

Gotta tell you, so much you can do with trigger :(

Level 28
The reason why I don't want triggers is becuase i'm trying to make a fully functional melee race, so I just want to be able to import data and models/icons, fic DISBTNs and be done.
The World Editor also has a function called "Import Triggers". Pretty self-explanatory, but I shall elaborate it anyway:
If you export the triggers from the melee race and save it somewhere, you can just use that function ("Import Triggers") to import it and it functions just as good. Just as easy as exporting/importing object data.

If you want your spell to work correctly, then it is a million times easier than trying to bug warcraft in a way it does what you want.
Not imaginative, but highly effective.

Level 12
The World Editor also has a function called "Import Triggers". Pretty self-explanatory, but I shall elaborate it anyway:
If you export the triggers from the melee race and save it somewhere, you can just use that function ("Import Triggers") to import it and it functions just as good. Just as easy as exporting/importing object data.

If you want your spell to work correctly, then it is a million times easier than trying to bug warcraft in a way it does what you want.
Not imaginative, but highly effective.

I realize this, but I don't want to build the triggers in the first place for 2 reasons: One, It is much simpler, and two I don't know how to make the trigger. Wc3 Triggers are so much more complicated then Sc1's are.

On another note, the reason why it has to have an auto-cast is because the spell is the units basic first spell, and I'm kind of basing it off of the human priests heal, except it restores mana at the same time.

Lastly, I'm ALMOST done with this race, I have all the units done except for the ones I need the spells for and some also need spells, 3/4 heroes almost done, so all I need are these spells.

P.S. , NO TRIGGERS.

P.S. if you don't want to use triggers to do this you need to contact Blizzard and have them update the object editor. Triggers are necessary to fill in the blanks. To my knowledge you can do this without triggers in StarCraft 2 but that's just an educated guess, not based on experience as I've never used that editor and probably never will.

Status
Not open for further replies.