• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Two model bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
I think it was just skinned red so you'll have to reskin that if you want it a different color.
Oh ok thank you I'll take a look.
and the other model should be working fine.
It does not work for me. :( I only import the model and it always says can't load file and it gives that green box. :(

EDIT: Here is the skin, no red part. :( I would need the team colour off.

Attachments

• monk.jpg
    monk.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 171
Level 32
Bugged team color on the monk? Werewulf tested and approved that one long ago, I just re-tested it myself and found no instabilities. The Team color itself is very subtle and appears only on the cuffs of the monk's robe. It seems to work for me.

However, the Azrael model didn't work in the game. It looks like a bugged or missing texture file path to me. Elenai is very active: you may consider sending a PM to inquire.

Level 19
Bugged team color on the monk? Werewulf tested and approved that one long ago, I just re-tested it myself and found no instabilities. The Team color itself is very subtle and appears only on the cuffs of the monk's robe. It seems to work for me.
I mean if you look closely to the model in the world editor the colour flickers on the skin like a flash lamp effect, can you see that?
However, the Azrael model didn't work in the game. It looks like a bugged or missing texture file path to me. Elenai is very active: you may consider sending a PM to inquire.
I send him a PM but he said that it worked for the testers. Maybe I send another one.

Level 35
What exactly is the error?

I need screen shots, information, and other such things in order to fully determine the error in inquiry.

The model was tested, and worked during the initial stages of its development, and before I submited it.

If there is an error, as Wolverabid, and yourself have stated, I will gladly see what I can do, when the error is assertained.

-Elenai Elenya-

Level 35
I am currently testing.

Please stand by for further updates.

UPDATE! I have located the bug, and have begun to eliminate it. Standby for model update:

UPDATE#2! But located, and eliminated. Bug scource: Faulty superspray emmiter: unused medivh texture:

Model update uploaded: And a complimentary avatar for your trouble:

Attachments

• ArgentStar1.gif
    ArgentStar1.gif
    4.3 KB · Views: 158
  • Azrael.mdx
    364 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Level 32
The model displays properly in Warcraft III Viewer:

azrael01.jpg

Those are some unusual looking file paths. The model appears invisible in the game: only its shadow appears. Usually that indicates a missing texture file.

[EDIT] Oops, didnt see that you had posted Elenai, best luck!

I was talking of Normals(a vertex is made by a point, a normal, a Texturevertex, and a group pointer) actually, I think extents are fine, don't recalculate them, because you'll mess up the extents for the alternate form. Magos only recalculates them according to static geometry.

Normals are used for lighting and darkness on the model. I tried recalculating them with Vertex Modify but, it crashed; so there could be an error in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.