• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

TwinkleCraft - Grand Schism v.0.5c

An AoS map that fuses the Advanced Hero Craft and RPG systems.

You can battle with your own custom hero with custom stats, growth, skills, attachment, tags, projectile and many others.

This map maybe the most advanced Hero Creation Map, using Unique Inventory, Learning, and many other things that make this map a satisfactory.

Visit my forum at:
http://twinklecraft.6.forumer.com/

Changelog 0.5c:
- Increased HP and Damage of 4 Dragons
- Added 12 New Heroes
- Fixed Neutrals
- Fixed Forging bugs once again
- Fixed Accessory bugs once again
- Fixed some creeps movement
- Increased HP and Size of all Towers
Contents

TwinkleCraft - Grand Schism v.0.5c (Map)

Level 17
Very good map with nice ideas, wonderfull terrain and much choices. Here are some tips for future additions:
-AI working heroes (difficulty based on player slot (computer easy, computer normal and computer hard).
-More items to buy and items that can use special abilities. Keep up the good work.

Level 3
TwinkleCraft - Grand Schism has reaches the end. TwinkleCraft WON'T get developed anymore.

TwinkleCraft has a NAME CHANGE to DivineCrafters, visit map forum at http://divinecrafters.forumsmotion.com/

Level 4
Got a bug/problem playing in LAN with my brothers the other day.
Picked Shaman and went to Customization room. Checked quest log, but nothing on how to be ranged although my bro did it on accident. Set projectile to Nether Drake/Orb of Darkness and tried it out on the target. Still in melee. Increased my range and tried again. Still in melee.
Is it unit-specific or was I doing it wrong?

Level 5
Well. I have 2 suggestions for this game. And this is just my first one.

[Save/Load Code]
Well, this is one of the problems i get after restarting the game.
Every game i start, I always have to make the hero again. From it's stats, to everything.
So if possible, can you add a save/load code for the game that doesn't save the hero's level but only it's Stats, Stat Growth, Skills/Spells, Projectile, Color, Scaling and every other thing that can be used to customize the hero from the start.

This way you can:
Avoid making "mistakes" since a hero of that type has already been "saved"
Save Time
Good for lazy people who don't want to redo making the hero.
But:
Will Probably Cause Leaks
Probably "increase" the map size"

--------------------------------------------------

[Casual Play Version]
Playing the game as a 4 Lane AoS is a great idea; but i don't think it is ideal for some or probably most heroes.
As the map's game play resembles allot to DotA, but in here, your hero's stats, spells/skills, and everything else is your choice.
Which is what i like about this map mainly ;) It has almost no limits in terms of character's customization.

But there are a few things that i don't think were really "necessary" (Such as the Equip/Inventory System; will explain more below), though, they make the game more unique.

So here's my suggestion for the "Casual Play Version"
1. Normal Inventory System; or at least a simpler one.
---Casual players who pretty much don't understand the current system will quickly judge it from the start and quit.
---Not everyone will understand the refine, bag, pocket, equip 1, and equip 2 system until their 3-5th Game, sadly.
Disclaimer: Don't get me wrong, I like your equip/inventory system. It's actually pretty well made. But thats just me. :D
2. Two Lanes.
---You may keep the option of player's choosing on which side, but this version should limit it to at least 5 players per side.
---Having 2 lanes, you would probably decrease map size, thus, also lessening the map-file size, which would be a good attribute the map can have.
---Having 4 lanes will prevent 4 or more players to team up. Though they can team up right now on the current version, but it would probably make the 2 other sides useless if they decide to have a 5on5.

The only disadvantage on making this type of map is actually remaking the whole thing, making it require lots and lots of work.

EDIT: I posted this here for more publicity about my idea.