• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dalaran Schism 2.0.1

Reactions: NEKURO
Matthew Meyer Presents

Dalaran Schism 2.0.1
Created by Matthew Meyer

Map Info:

The Temple of Dalaran has split into two rival factions! The sacred secrets of the Mages of Dalaran have fallen into the hands of evil traitors, and you must get them back, in order to preserve the secrets of the great and wise Mages of Dalaran, by defeating your rivals, before they decode and share them! You must reunite the two factions, by working closely with your allies, and defeating your opponents. A well-guarded Fountain of Mana, and two well-guarded Fountains of Health, are hidden at the heart of the sacred temple.

Features:

Two factions of the temple, north and south, consisting of a cluster of four bases each, demand team cooperation and defense to win.

Some else stuff about map:

Balance and cooperate to win.

Screenshots:

Image Description:
Fountain of Mana:

dalaran-schism-5-png.460550

Image Description:
Player 1 Base:

dalaran-schism-1-png.460546

Image Description:
Player 2 Base:

dalaran-schism-2-png.460547

Image Description:
Player 3 Base:

dalaran-schism-3-png.460548

Image Description:
Player 4 Base:

dalaran-schism-4-png.460549

Change Log:

Added:
  • General Experimentation

Added:
  • Custom Units
  • Custom Heroes

Added:
  • Three custom races added
  • Custom unit stat adjustments

Added:
  • New and Improved Custom Units and Heroes

Added:
  • Map changed from altered melee back to melee, for familiarity and balance.
  • New gold mines, neutral passive buildings, and creeps.
  • New gold mine amounts.

Author's notes:

Good luck! Have fun!

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
Dalaran, Lordaeron, Dragon, Knight, Human, Scourge
Contents

Dalaran Schism 2.0.1 (Map)

Reviews
21:45, 3rd May 2015 StoPCampinGn00b: Approved.
Level 11
I am still working on this map but this if how far I got so far. Please give me time. Thanks.

I reduced the number of abilities elite units have and reduced their armor.

I also gave this map a random race choice. If you play as Human you have a 50% of being either Dragon Human or Blood Elf.

If, at any point in development of this map, I have met you criteria let me know and approve my map. I will continue to add stuff!

Please let me know if there is anything I need to improve, Thanks!

In V4 I did some more object adjustments (unit damage).

I added a 5000 second timer that related to victory instead of total kills.

Victory timer increased from 5000 to 12500 seconds in V6.

How is my map coming out? Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 28
New heroes can be obtained as long as you don't train the third normal hero.
Random Hero gives you a standard hero (Mountain King with Blood Elf).
Items: Orb, potions and scrolls are available before the fortress.
Human: Blood Knight tooltip has different abilities (Black Arrow, Divine Shield, Unholy aura, Animate Dead) than what he actually has (Holy Light, Banish, Thorns Aura, Avatar).
Game doesn't end if all enemies are destroyed.

Yrk

Yrk

Level 6
Well, I have test it.

Here is some few suggestion:
-Make an option for timer (Dialog, Or something.).
-Make an option for races too. (Dialog too, Or something)

I will add another suggestions, next day, or next testing.

And give it a Review, If it is ready to be review.

Level 11
Human: Blood Knight tooltip has different abilities (Black Arrow, Divine Shield, Unholy aura, Animate Dead) than what he actually has (Holy Light, Banish, Thorns Aura, Avatar).

I will try to fix these things. Some things I might not be able to change, for example, the random heroes, because I do not code so I hope this map can still be approved.

Level 11
Well, I have test it.

Here is some few suggestion:
-Make an option for timer (Dialog, Or something.).
-Make an option for races too. (Dialog too, Or something)

I will add another suggestions, next day, or next testing.

And give it a Review, If it is ready to be review.

By dialog, what do you mean? Do you mean that if the player types a message and it matches a constant, if that is the correct term, the timer or races are triggered?

Level 11

Actually, I think I can fix these things without writing code and just using the triggers but it will take time to do. I know a little C++ but I do not know how to code in Warcraft 3.

In V8 I restored the victory/defeat conditions and replaced the 2 hour timer.

Now players can choose between Blood Elf or Dragon Human if they select Human as their race. Special thanks to Maker!

Last edited by a moderator:

Yrk

Yrk

Level 6
Last edited:
Level 11
Think about it, It will make the map great, If you add dialog.

If it will make the map great I will add a timer dialog.

I was thinking about adding a taxes timer where you get some gold and lumber every day/night cycle based on your total food cost (to make up for upkeep).

Yehey, But, What races?

The Betrayed (a Night Elf race), The Draenei/Icecrown (an Orc race), and The Burning Legion (an Undead race).

I should still give Maker credit for sharing his script with me on the forum, right?

Yrk

Yrk

Level 6
If it will make the map great I will add a timer dialog.
Yeah, It will.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I was thinking about adding a taxes timer where you get some gold and lumber every day/night cycle based on your total food cost (to make up for upkeep).
Um, I didnt quite understand it.
The Betrayed (a Night Elf race), The Draenei/Icecrown (an Orc race), and The Burning Legion (an Undead race).
Yehey, Burning Legion.
I should still give Maker credit for sharing his script with me on the forum, right?
What do you mean forum?, In-Game?, Or here?

Level 11
Um, I didnt quite understand it.

For every point of food you are taking up, out of 100, you get a set amount of gold and lumber every day/night cycle.

This way you get paid to have a large army. This helps out with the costs of up-keeping said army. Does that make more sense? (sorry if it does not!)

Yehey, Burning Legion.

I know that the Burning Legion has been done before but it would not be a proper race expansion without them.

What do you mean forum?, In-Game?, Or here?

On this forum. He gave me the basics of the dialog code and I finished it, specifically for my maps.

Yrk

Yrk

Level 6
For every point of food you are taking up, out of 100, you get a set amount of gold and lumber every day/night cycle.

This way you get paid to have a large army. This helps out with the costs of up-keeping said army.
Oh, Now, I get it.
Does that make more sense? (sorry if it does not!)
Yes, It does.
I know that the Burning Legion has been done before but it would not be a proper race expansion without them.
Yeah.
On this forum. He gave me the basics of the dialog code and I finished it, specifically for my maps.
Oh, Okay.
Edit:

Here is my review:

Yrk's Review:

Yrk

Dalaran Doomsday v9

By Mattnj

Comment

Review

Nice map, I love it. I played it, with the AI.

Review

Suggestions and Bugs

Gameplay and Terrain
Gameplay:
Well, I played it, as Blood Elf. This is a great map, with AI, and easy to play. Good Features. Unit are balanced, and heroes too. Other units, and heroes are same. The abilities are good, and the stats are good as well. I really liked the new items you made, but some are imbalanced. AI, is a bit impressive, the build of strutures, the making/creating of units, the defensing, and the attacking is great.

Score: 3/5
Terrain:
Terrain, is great, but some spots are plain, and some are not well terrain

Score: 3/5

Total Score

Explanation

6/10, and Voting for APPROVAL.
9-10 = 5 Stars
7-8 = 4 Stars
5-6 = 3 Stars
3-4 = 2 Stars
1-2 = 1 Star
Suggestions and Bugs
Suggestion:
- Improve the terrain.
- Higher the Life of the trees, for long game.
- Higher the Gold of the Gold Mines, for long game too.
- Change the name of the Building, Temple of Tides Lv2, and Temple of Tides Lv3, to Temple of Tides Level 2, and Temple of Tides Level 3.
- Reduce the build time of some units in the Blood Elf Race, its kinda too long.
- Arrange some buildings in the build option of the Blood Elf Race, its kinda annoying.
Bug:
- Nothing, I did not found.

Last edited:
Level 4
How can we play as Undead, or Night Elf, if Team 1 is already Human, and Team 2 is already Orc?

Level 30
The game's format is to what I observed, is set for team player fight. that means players trying to tackle this for free for all would be suicide. Hence, just form 2 teams and 4 players each would be better.

Lastly, I can still buy continues amount of same custom heroes, for example of the satyr hellcaller, no matter how I reach tier 3, I can still buy 3 of them if that's what your intention would be.

However, if its not the case, you should go to the trigger editor, create new trigger(CTRL + T) and do a statement like this one:

• Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Player - Limit training of Satyr Hellcaller to 1 for (Picked player)
      • Player - Limit training of Orcnet is badass to 1 for (Picked player)
For now, this are just the little problems I solely encounter, if all is done I can set it to approval. :wink:

Level 11
The game's format is to what I observed, is set for team player fight. that means players trying to tackle this for free for all would be suicide. Hence, just form 2 teams and 4 players each would be better.

Lastly, I can still buy continues amount of same custom heroes, for example of the satyr hellcaller, no matter how I reach tier 3, I can still buy 3 of them if that's what your intention would be.

However, if its not the case, you should go to the trigger editor, create new trigger(CTRL + T) and do a statement like this one:

• Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Player - Limit training of Satyr Hellcaller to 1 for (Picked player)
      • Player - Limit training of Orcnet is badass to 1 for (Picked player)
For now, this are just the little problems I solely encounter, if all is done I can set it to approval. :wink:

All done with the fixes!(I limited training of "Orcnet is badass" to one because there is only one Orcnet!)

Level 11
Sorry about my five maps having hero issues, I was rushing because I was busy with other things.

I will properly update each of my 5 maps, resolving the hero issues for the Blood Elves, as well as the other 4 races, slowly instead of quickly, where mistakes occur.

Level 11
I fixed an issue with the Blood Elf Temple of Tides, where it had the wrong upgrade button, one to upgrade to a Keep instead of a Temple of Seas. If fixed the same issue with the Temple of Seas upgrading to a Temple of Oceans, instead of a Castle.

Last edited:
Level 1
team AI is is retarded. Most of enemy is attacking one friendly computer and what is 2 of my team doing. Nothing, staying in their bases. I should kill them myself for being so useless.