• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tutorial Prefix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I would like to suggest some easier way to help browse for tutorials up to your own speed, maybe like a dropdown prefix setup like you do with categorization in the submission forum only with [novice], [average], [expert]. some tutorials explain how experienced you should be half way but it kinda sucks having to rely on elimination of choices when you have to work your way through 2 pages of tutorials.

adding that OTHER solutions are fine if you have any

Level 3
A better way would be to arrange them in order of time consumption. There are very few Expert level guides nor tutotials out there.
in a way that doesnt achieve what I was aiming for. I'm guessing the target audience of tutorials is at least MOSTLY novices. that system would be well train wrecked for a novice, because if you assume people know what theyre doing you can cut back on illustrations novices would need to latch on. e.g. a Nietzsche excerpt is shorter than a freshman's paper explaining it.

thanks for the welcome.

Level 10
It is worth a try, but dont expect much feedback / changes. Because the wc3 modding communities are falling a part. Quite a good bunch of guests viewing these forums along with others. But very few members still contributing to the tutorials and resources these days, I can tell.

However, if you havn't allready, check out http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/ it is a seasoned and old page. But it has well written and organized tutorials.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
I've long disliked the way we display our tutorials. I have been thinking about making a thread with an index of all the tutorials along with information about them. Information like the one you ask for. The display that a forum index provides is not very valuable. Threads are sorted by date, not title and don't have much of an explanation unless you click it.

Status
Not open for further replies.