• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Turn Based Tactical Triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I am working on an RPG that will play like Final Fantasy Tactics. I was wondering if it is possible to make units move kind of like chess pieces across a battlefield.

Level 6
Well I know my way around triggers but never got into Jass. Each unit will have an ability called "Move" that would allow them to jump to where they use the ability. I could just give each unit a Blink spell with the range being there movement range instead. None of the units actually can move since I changed there movement speed to 0. Would it be possible to create a dummy blink spell and when cast will move the unit to the targeted location even with a 0 move speed?

Level 26
Would it be possible to create a dummy blink spell and when cast will move the unit to the targeted location even with a 0 move speed?

Does not seem like this spell works without movement speed. However, you can easily set a unit's position with the GUI action Unit - Move (Instantly). So if you want the player to do it via spell, maybe take Channel (ANcl) as dummy.

Level 6
You wouldn't happen to know how something like that is done do you? I wont open someone's map to find out, so if you can point me in the right direction you would be helping immensely.

Level 6
Realized I was in the wrong section after it was posted. Thanks for moving though.

Status
Not open for further replies.