• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tunnels V1.7

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
TUNNELS

Tunnels is a Real Time Strategy game that takes place in an underground cave system. You must utilise the abilities of one of five races: the technological Dwarves, the blunt Elemental's, the tricky Subterranean's, the infectious Tar, or the powerful Bone Dynasty, to mine out ore and metal throughout the map to construct a stable economy. Fight bosses, battle through caves, and advance through the tunnel systems to bring an end to your enemy!

Brief Overview

Races: Tunnels features five races to choose from, each equipped with unique ways of utilising the ore you find in the caves, whether that's using it to get resources to make units, defences, or in the case of the Elementals, eating it to get stronger!

Difficulty: Easy / Elementals harbour the most powerful units in the game. Using the world around them, they can manipulate and change their units to adapt to different situations. Unlike other races, Elemental's use their offence as their defence, and do not utilise buildings and structures as much as other races.

Difficulty: Medium / Dwarves are a powerful, flexible race, capable of changing the way they play to suit the situation. Dwarves utilise advanced upgrades which allows them to compete with high tier enemies of any level of power. Dwarves, unlike other races use advanced technologies to pierce enemy defences, including Dynamite, Dwarven Tanks, and Drills.

Difficulty: Hard / Subterranean's are much smaller than the other creatures that call the tunnels home. Subterranean's use numbers to overwhelm their enemy, and most importantly construct massive economies at high rates, allowing them to utilise large amounts of walls and defences to construct offensive or defensive forts throughout the map. Subterranean's pose a massive threat when utilising Tunnel Junctions to transport their units instantly across the map.

Difficulty: Hard / The Tar are a corruption that spreads through terrain as the game progresses. They use the natural regeneration granted to their units from Tar and powerful Tar Threshers for defense, and utilise evolving creatures to overwhelm their foes. The Tar inflict a global presence through the Tar Heart, which possesses a variety of abilities to assist in the heat of battle.

Difficulty: Very Hard / The Bone Dynasty are a powerful empire of skeletons that create massive fortifications to defend themselves. They can call upon the power of their gods to strike down foes, enhance their economy, summon powerful units and much more. Should the Bone Dynasty be undefeated for long enough, they can gain access to a god power that is very likely to finish the match.

Caves: Caves are hosts to many dangerous critters such as Goblins, Spiders, Giant Scorpions, Ice Golems, and Dragons. Caves often contain loot, a secondary resource needed to make advanced units and structures throughout the game.

Bosses: Bosses such as the Lich, the King Black Dragon, and the Demon Lord are challenging, powerful enemies that exist within the map. They offer a large amount of resources, including Metal, Loot, and various special Boss rewards.

Patch Notes v1.7

Well it's without a doubt that it has been far too long since Tunnels received an update. I've been very busy, both with work and with working on other Warcraft 3 projects that I decided to leave Tunnels in the place it was in at the time. I worked on it occasionally here and there, and finally I thought it was appropriate to update the map, introducing a 4-player mode, plenty of balance changes, new units, and a whole new race, the Bone Dynasty!

Credits

ICONS:
Black Orb - OgeRfaCes
Purple Orb - OgeRfaCes
Blue Stone - -Berz-
Campfire - FhelZone
Conjuring Webs - Marcos DAB
Demon Dragon - Kimbo
DevourS - San
Dwarven Warrior - General Frank
Horseshoe Crab - olofmoleman
Howl of Terror - The_Silent
Human Master - Sin'dorei300
Hunter - Mr.Goblin
Megapod - tee.dubs
Gold Metal - Dristitia
Poison Blast - Hemske
Power Crystal - Sin'dorei300
Red Crystal - Marcos DAB
Torch - FhelZone
Gnoll Stalker - Mephestrial
Guitar - LiOneSS

MODELS:
Dwarven Warrior - General Frank
Horseshoe Crab - olofmoleman
Megapod - tee.dubs
Explosion - WILL THE ALMIGHTY
Blind Beast - tee.dubs
Blue Crystals - Uncle Fester
Green Slime - Hayate
Brass Borer - Grendel
Cannon - paulH
Chaos Golem - MasterHaosis
Dark Iron Clansman - paulH
Rune Clock Effect - Kino
Crate - Deolrin
Crystal Golem - Mc !
Demon Tower - HappyTauren
Dwarf Bard - assasin_lord
Dwarf Phalanx - Tranquil
Dwarven Mining Cart - Fuzzyfury
Earth Elemental - alfredx_sot
Fill-Me-Up Treasure Chest - Chriz
Fire Pit - Buster
Giant Sand Worm - Sephiroth_VII
Gnoll Mystweaver - Mephestrial
Great Elder Hydra Acid Spew - kellym0
Hero Viking - Alastor
Hybrid Zerg - Blizzard Entertainment
Juggernaut - HappyTauren
CrazyTank - Kitabatake
Ratorg Rider - Callahan
BreathOfFireMissile - JetFangInferno
The Lich King - Kwaliti
Mal'Gus - Misha
MiningUnit (GoldMine) - Ket
MoriaGoblin - Sellenisko
Naval Battery - HerrDave
Ogre Warlord - takakenji
OrcwortFruit - SuPa-
Pie Item - The_Silent
Giant Rat Creeps - Direfury
Spider - alfredx_sotn
Dwarven Thane - Norinrad
Web - Lender
Lelling
UnholyDobry
PrinceYaser
Wildfire
kola
exfyre

SOUND
Jagex - OSRS Music
Game of Thrones - Oathkeeper Soundtrack
Monaco - Main Menu Theme
Terraria - Eater of Worlds Theme
ARK: Survival Evolved - Sound Effects
Dota 2 - Picking Theme

A huge thanks to Amenhotep for helping with triggers, ideas, design and testing!

If I have missed any credits please let me know.

Please leave feedback to inform me of any bugs, issues, or performance in the map. Your general input is also appreciated!

[/LEFT]
Contents

Tunnels V1.7 - 4 Player (Map)

Tunnels V1.7 - Original (Map)

Reviews
Paillan
After some test, here are some ideas and advice on making the map better: - Hide the minimap in order to increase exploration aspect (if you want to) - The map is very slow paced at the beginning, and the lack of autofarm helps against this, but...
ReviewTunnels Key ConceptStrategy/Risk - The concept for this map is really cool, I like the systems implemented currently but they need to be fixed. The resources are not well corresponding. "Requires gold" but I've got metals on my gold tab in W3...
Level 2
Hello again dear dev. People ask if this game will alliance it will be cool. (playing games like 2v2, not everyone like ffa and 2v2) If you will update the game and add make alliance or 2x2 mode its must be nice.

Played "Descend", really awesome. Heroes with cool and fun mechanics, achivments, and cooperative moment really cool. You have a talent for doing something unusual.

Last edited: