• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Truespin Fishbrain and his stuff, too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello there, Hive! I am all into modelling for warcraft again, and here's my WIP thread here:

Mummy06.png Mummy07.png
2666 tris for now, lol

Right now i am working as an animator and 3d artist, but i think that its time to pay attention for my hobby roots, i.e. Warcraft 3 modelling

Last edited:
Level 39
Work is going well. now its time for animation, since rigging and skining is done.

View attachment 292292
Also, i have a little question for people experienced in modeling for warcraft. Is there some way of converting .FBX file to .mdx with all the animations and skining data, without too much pain?

Hey there!

Model's looking great! Are those ingame textures?

About the conversion to .mdx that really depends on what modeling software you're using. If you're using 3Ds Max you need to download the Neodex plugin. This can be used to export your model to .mdx format, as well as setting up everything your model needs, like sequences (animations), event objects and materials. If you have any questions please feel free to ask :)

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Holy cow... Well, you did say you do this professionally. Incredible work, man! That mummy is just oozing with detail & character.

This is, however, a great example of how even a model with in-game textures can have trouble fitting in-game; personally it looks much too detailed for the standard game (imagine this guy next to some Footmen...). I love it, but dose polies man. xD

Still, looking forward to more!

Status
Not open for further replies.