1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

TrollBattleTurtle

Submitted by Uncle Fester
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
As promised in the Troll Shark Rider Threads, my next model was going to be an amphibic Troll unit. So, here it is: the mighty Troll Battle Turtle. Unlike the shark riders, in this case the turtle is the main source damage. The tattooed and war-painted Troll on its back is only commanding it. Only the best hunters among the Troll tribes are allowed to become the ''Mahuds'' of these mighty Dragon Turtles! This unit isn't only a mighty, living tank with devastating strength, it's also a status symbol among Tribal Chieftains. Only the mightiest ones can afford having such units among their rows, do to their need of much space and even more food. But if they are used, then they stand in the first row, stomping, terryfying and sometimes even repelling enemy footmen. This turtle can also devour small units! It's mighty jaws cause massive injuries and its hard shell protects it from almost any damage. Its only drawback is that it can't fight off enemy airborn units, but considering its armor and health points, this is just a minor loss. It's main purpose is to prevent enemy cavalry from stomping down allied infantry and to break through enemy defense lines without suffering much damage. Despite that, the hardened shell spikes and tusks cause damage to any enemy foolish enough to attack it from close by! The other big advantage of this unit is the ability to move at land as well as in water, which allows use of both infantry destroyer and ship sinker! I hope you like it as much as the shark riders! Feel free to use it in any way you want (incl. editing)! Have fun with it!

EDIT 1: my thanks for this update go to: Misha, JesusHipster, -Grendel, Sin'dorei300 and PROXY for their good advice of animating the Troll-Mahud a bit more and re-taking a look at the model (a closer one this time). I also fixed the rope, after comparing it now with the old version i must say the old rope was an abomination! The new one fits better the model. There still are a few minor flaws with which has to be lived with (trust me, i tried everything i could all afternoon, but everything that fixed them, opened a new problem). They aren't much noticeable ingames anyway. Thanks to the guys mentioned above, the quality of this model could be further improved (don't forget that if you intend to give credits)!

Keywords:
Troll, battle turtle, dragon turtle, Dragonturtle Rider, sea unit, land unit, living tank, organic tank, rider, sea cavalry, land cavalry, tribal beas
Contents

TrollBattleTurtle (Model)

TrollBattleTurtle (Model)

Reviews
21:48, 2nd Jan 2013 -Grendel: meh, could've received a higher rating if you worked more on those anims. and if you wrapped the face like what i did using the DH texture. but still, that doesn't hinder this model for getting approved.
  1. 21:48, 2nd Jan 2013
    -Grendel: meh, could've received a higher rating if you worked more on those anims. and if you wrapped the face like what i did using the DH texture. but still, that doesn't hinder this model for getting approved.

2. Steamer

Steamer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Thats very awesome, i like the concept a lot. Could you make an Acolyte riding Scorpion model?

3. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Thx a lot, dear neffew. :ogre_hurrhurr: lol, why exactly an acolyte :vw_wtf:?? There are so many other nice undead units for such a purpose, why exactly the cheapest one? :wink:

4. grunt

grunt

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    awsome worke uncle extremly engenious :D !! I think that the color of Illidan body don't fit too much with the troll face but steel awsome model 5/5 !!

5. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    ty :ogre_haosis: the body of the Demonhunter is supposed to be his regular skin color, the head is supposed to be painted (war paintings). It's stated in the discription :wink:

6. rcshaggy

rcshaggy

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is a really great idea and I do like the troll riding on the turtle.

7. grunt

grunt

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    ha it explaine all awsome :) !!

8. Gen Bloodhorn

Gen Bloodhorn

Resources:
    Resources:
    though turtles are slow on the ground, both the troll and turtle can attack the enemies trying to attack them and when it comes to defence, there are spikes to block attacks from ranged enemies, if there are impossible enemies, the battle turtle will go to the water leaving he troll on the surface of the water.

A Very Nice model!

9. MidasEntertainment

MidasEntertainment

Resources:
    Resources:
    Uncle :D your models are cool as usual 5/5 because I really like waiting for more models trolls :D

10. Pazzoberserk

Pazzoberserk

Resources:
    Resources:
    Your works are so cool and useful, I want to marry you :ogre_hurrhurr:

11. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    ..something doesn't exactly fit with that model.. and i'm lazy to download and check, lol... does he always stand? you can't really balance that much on a back of a giant dragon turtle.. thus, i don't really see it as an effective unit.

as for vanity part, maybe you could tie up somefink like an orc watchtower and have the troll sit there.. could feel lill more stable than just standing on a turtle

EDIT: you could make the troll a tiny bit smaller, since it's a giant turtle we're talkin' about

12. Khil

Khil

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, i suggest you should put a properly troll body instead of Demon hunter body! The skinn color just didn't fit into each other!

13. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Somehow, everytime you upload new models, it becomes better and better on both the execution and the idea. Great job.

14. nero_ed

nero_ed

Resources:
    Resources:
    thats is good model,trolls on a turtle,it could make an excellent unit,especially on ambushes by water XD this is an good idea

15. ~DARK~

~DARK~

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Very Very Good My Unlce :X 5/5

16. InfernalTater

InfernalTater

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This is very cool, but you should have used a normal "dark troll" head, not a troll trapper head, would fit the body more.

Still, the concept is really cool and the result looks awesome. Your models are developing a unique style and I'm loving them.

4/5. I'll check the animations later, rating might change. Just woke up at 4:20 in the morning, and figured while I was awake I might as well check this, but I'm not staying up.

17. JesusHipster

JesusHipster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Dude... his body.. and his head... Is he supposed to be an abomitation with a small head and elfven body?? And what's wrong, i bet he is not meant to be a stone..

18. DESTROYER123

DESTROYER123

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is epic. Everything matches perfectly. Illidan's body fit with Troll's head and the turtle is epic with its "attachments". Good Job!!
    5/5:goblin_good_job:

19. -Grendel

-Grendel

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    ok the previous shark riders are awesome but this..he is not moving all the time. he's just like an additional mesh there. i'm not approving this until you animate that rider.