1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Troll Warder

Submitted by Direfury
This bundle is marked as awaiting update. A staff member has requested changes to it before it can be approved.
Troll Warder, made to be a tavern hero.

Feel free to use and/or edit this model, so long as you credit me.
Submission of edited versions of this model is encouraged.
Contents

Troll Warder (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
Please add a team coloured plane to the model during the portrait animations.
  1. Direfury

Direfury

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    @Kyrbi0

Hey buddy, it's a Jungle Troll.

:>

2. xISLx

xISLx

Resources:
    Resources:
    He's gonna be happy lol :D

The animations are just crazy (especially 'spell two')
    Although they, along with those floating orbs, need to be tested in-game but who cares

no more orbs now

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  3. Direfury

Direfury

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Ah, oops. That was a previous version of the model.

4. stein123

stein123

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Awesome!

5. Diegoit

Diegoit

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Ready for my Troll race :D, pls make a variation with that iconic troll hair style :D

6. Hazop

Hazop

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Nice Work as usual!

7. Voidwalker

Voidwalker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The Attack - 1, - 3 and Walk animations could use a little adjusting (especially to add more weight to them), but overall it's a great model!

8. Lordshesedarkll

Lordshesedarkll

Resources:
    Resources:
    Awesome to weight a little

9. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    hm.. i'm not a fan of the paper-thin spikes, or the shield that is bulky on the underside, or the detail-devouring face particles.. but i am a fan of his hair, his pants, arms, hands, feet, tusks, ears, shoulder tikis, and the wrist claw

10. Naze

Naze

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Wow! Loved the concept and execution. Those animations are really nice though. Amazing work!

11. Krakenn99

Krakenn99

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Very nice animations, love how it looks, good job.

12. infrenus

infrenus

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    The thing I dont like much about it is the shield. the feather things are a bit weird, but the animations and the rest is pretty cool.

13. PROXY

PROXY

3D Modeling Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    The animations are fine (although I'm missing a bit of that jumpiness trolls have while walking in the walk animation) and the concept is okay. The execution though... I don't know I just don't really get warm with it. There's a multitude of issues I have with this model.

The scale proportions (size of the mask in comparison to the shield for example) are somewhat off. Even if they are realisitc, they don't really fit wc3. The body of the troll is a little bit too bulky too and is not easily recognized as such (the small, non identifiable mask enhances that feeling). His claws are too small and paper thin. His shoulderguards are like.. so lame. I mean we've seen these at housand times already, give me something more <3

Next point are the textures:

- Their overall quality is lacking and there are many stretched parts. they are also pretty uncreatively chosen and seem pretty randomly thrown together. I'd have wished for more experimenting. The mask of the claws does not fit together with the other ones at all and looks like a toy. The shield is a blurry mess. You could have at least made the border go through seamlessly as a whole instead of making each square have it's "own wrap". And the face mask is just... blergh. The necklace is so unnoticable you could have left it out as a whole.

There's also a few wrap issues where you just were lazy and did not bother to fix the wrap, like the front of the leather above the ankles where it just stretches because of no "wrapping". Yes, it's not visible ingame most likely, but still a shame to see something from such a skilled modeler.

The particles seem over the top for me and don't really fit either IMO. And what the hell is going on in Spell Two?

The overall concept is fine but it needs heavy tweaking and something to make it stand out, as of right now it does not look like a hero (@Kyrbi0 I call you, you love to criticise me for that).

That's about everything I recall wanting to say.

14. Shido

Shido

Resources:
    Resources:
    Look like I found the missing purple Troll XD, He is look handsome. Great job XD

15. Nolrovos

Nolrovos

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Direfury Yet another great addition to the Hive. You've basically become my role MODEL. Eh? EH!?... Alright, I'll stop now. But really, great work as usual!

16. MOS_19D4GB4PL

MOS_19D4GB4PL

Resources:
    Resources:
    Unique one and just as much satisfying. So many options when it comes to usage. And it's a jungle troll, what else can I add?

17. General Frank

General Frank

3D Modeling Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Please add a team coloured plane to the model during the portrait animations.

18. ZjemCiChleb

ZjemCiChleb

Resources:
    Resources:
    That's dope :smile: