• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Troll units...especially forest trolls!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Im requesting that a bunch of models be posted that are troll based These models would be used by many many people in different various projects and infact i will be using any in my campaign later on i will make a test map if anyone posts models using them. and will post it (will be a sort of altered melee) + Rep will be given to all those who try or post any creations of the sort. Below is a explaination of what would probably be looked for and uses of witch.... It would be nice if you read it all but im aware its lengthy and is optional to read all of it. You can skim through most of it till you find the parts that would be needed to read to make said models. I would make models my self but i am basicly unable to do it due to not being skilled in the least bit...

I am very very surprised noone has really made any non hero melee forest troll units that weild swords or axes and have good animations. There is the forest troll slasher but its animations seem and are very bad (no offence to creator). There is also the issue of no forest troll workers. There is that one troll peon (Gold Digger model) but using tints isnt always the best idea you know? The race of trolls in general are neglected completely. you might have some units that are ok but no real new models that are like the others (Elves for example) Are really made.

The darkspear trolls (jungle trolls included) and ice trolls have simmilar and barely different colors of their skins so its easy for those 2 to use each others models (including new ones). But then you have dark trolls who barely have ANYTHING... there is like 1 custom dark troll model. Forest trolls are extremely neglected as well, not like dark trolls but still. If you think about it or read about it forest trolls have been along longer in lore and games then most of the tribes out there and they make up a big part of the game. Suprisingly They have almost no custom non-hero models that are melee. Range is pretty much covered by blizz but im sure trolls arent crippled to not beable to attack with melee.

When wc3sear.ch went down many people were sad and many models were lost their creators scattered and some who had left long ago. I was a member of the site my self and was shocked to see that the first section to go down was the MODEL section... The trolls have these units (blizzard made ones): Darkspears: Headhunter/Berserker Witch doctor bat rider and ofcourse the shadow hunter. Ice trolls Forest trolls Dark trolls: Trapper Berserker Troll(Just named troll with the race before it Forest Troll for example) Warlord Shadow priest high priest. If you notice...all these trolls are RANGE! People have used these trolls as melee but honestly the animations are more for range. When a map is made that has a troll tech tree it is usually buddyed with anthor race (taurens/goblins although goblin models are becoming more plentiful) has units that use the same model for example the grunt would use the forest troll model the headhunter would just be anthor unit using the forest troll model just with a axe projectile etc.

There is barely any new buildings for trolls. The units lack rider units and many many people want raptor riders yet none seem to be around for downloading purposes. Flying troll units i admit are limited but trolls have been known to worship various animals infact amani trolls have a dragon hawk and eagle god. Trolls have been known to ride bears as well. Casters could always be added cause of various reasons and people have different tastes. If you were to take the whole orc race and replace it will forest trolls i would suggest something like this, Grunts would be axe masters/swordsmen type units Headhunters could always be the original forest troll axe throwers or spear throwers with forest troll skin Raiders could be raptor riders Demolishers could always stay the same since trolls have been known to use them also Kodo beast riders could be troll axe throwers mounted on a bear wyvern riders could be like a hawk rider or something (probably not a dragonhawk rider since they are mainly used by elves now) bat riders are fine infact there is a bat rider already out that is using forest troll skin witch doctors are fine but could be replaced with forest troll skin or some sort of different caster form shamans and spirit walkers could be replaced by some sort of forest troll caster peons are despreately needed since there is only one troll custom model yet we could always use more. Heros could be replaced with whatever types like the blade master could be some sort of sword master or axe master or any sort of sharp blade melee user. Tauren cheiftains could be replaced with a dire troll (A huge troll that is a fist melee user what they lack in speed intel and magic abilitys they make up for in brute force strength and a desire for bloodshed) Shadow hunter is fine and could just be replaced with the voodoo hunter skin and far seer's could be some sort of mounted spell caster or dismounted if you wanted. All of these examples are based on the orc techtree and share the exact same abilitys and skills. Ofcourse people have creativity with and are free to use that with anything. Buildings just arent there basicly..... and are needed while trolls share orc arcitecture some custom buildings are always good...

I have put this in great detail because of the race having no custom models for different needs.. thanks for reading this if you did read it all or any really feel free to post your sugesstions and ideas. Credits to all those who make the models will be given if used in my campaign but im sure that these models will be used by others in the future... also please try not to give it to me privately but post them uploaded on this fourm.. Trolls are suffering and you can help! :fp: :witch_doc_sad:

Last edited:
Level 3
Done. i made it paragraphed the only big part now is the last one. sorry for not doing it originally ><

Its ok if you pm that link but more models the better i always say.

Level 3
I know of the site you PMed me. Im talking about non-wow extracted models and i would like to see more custom troll models.... im still offering rep to all who do it. I will show you screenshots of my project once i get to that part but i need your models first

Status
Not open for further replies.