• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

triggers before and during a cinematic: facing/multiple activation prevention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
EDIT2: OKAY, the map I was supposed to upload is now in post number 3.

Hey.
I wasn't sure where I should put this question, hope I can do it here. I made a similar thread in the cinematic forum. Sorry if this is misplaced.
Instead of showing you the triggers, I have uploaded the whole map.
Alright here we go:

I am at the moment making a map where I practice on cinematics. (cameras and triggers)
I have 2 problems with my map:

-When the hero of the map enters a region, a cinematic will take place, but before the cinematic starts, I have the following action:
Wait 4.00 seconds
Why? Because another trigger displays a quest as completed and plays a sound so that the cinematic has to wait for 4 seconds. The problem is that Within those 4 seconds, it is possible to activate the trigger several times! What should I do?

-In the cinematic, the Blood Mage, Chuck Norris, is walking towards a region, and then he is supposed to face a troll, and the troll is suppoed to face Chuck Norris. Unfortunately, Chuck Norris doesn't face the troll at all, and the troll faces Chuck Norris too early! What should I do?

Thanks! :thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 4
When the unit enters the region use the action unit - pause unit

OR

If it's a separate trigger form the cinematic put the action

Trigger - Turn Off

I dont know if I can do that, the trigger where the quest is shown as completed has the Trigger - turn off action, but I dont think I can do that at the cinematic with Wait 4 seconds and then the cinematic plays. If I use Trigger - Turn Off then the cinematic won't appear at all, or?

Level 4
Ah, I see.
Thanks. :thumbs_up:

Need help with question 2 though:
-In the cinematic, the Blood Mage, Chuck Norris, is walking towards a region, and then he is supposed to face a troll, and the troll is suppoed to face Chuck Norris. Unfortunately, Chuck Norris doesn't face the troll at all, and the troll faces Chuck Norris too early! What should I do?

Level 4
Is this what you're looking for?

Hi, I've looked through yours and my friend's, and asked him what I should do, he said that I should stick with his fix of the cinematic.

He edited the event in the cinematic away, added a new trigger with a unit enters a region, then he added 3 actions:

• Trigger - Run Untitled Trigger 001 Copy <gen> (ignoring conditions)
  • Wait 0.10 seconds
  • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
Thanks for everyone's help. :wink:
I have one final question, though.
In the cinematic, Chuck Norris is probably selected.
To prevent the green ring from being there (showing that units are selected) I put in this in the cinematic trigger:
  • Cinematic - Disable user control for (All players)
But for some reason, the green ring is still there... why?

Level 4
Thanks! :thumbs_up:

I have one issue left before my thread will be solved.
I have uploaded the fixed map. See attachment.

After the start cinematic, 2 quests will be created: 1 required discovered quest, and 1 required undiscovered quest.

The problem is that when the quest is found, the undiscovered quest will be completed instead of the quest that is discovered. I don't know what to do, since it shows last created quest as completed, but I want the discovered quest to stay first in the quest log in-game.
So how do I make the discovered quest completed?
Also, when the quest is completed when Chuck Norris enters the region, a new quest will be created instead of discovering the undiscovered quest. I don't know how to make undiscovered quests discovered, so I need help!

Picture of what I'm talking about: http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/6931/picturesv5.jpg

Attachments

• Cinematics practice Fixed.w3x
    58.7 KB · Views: 99
Level 4
You have to create a Quest variable for every quest. Then when you create the quest use this action:
  • Set YourQuestVar = (Last created quest)
Then in the trigger where Chuck Norris enters the region, use this:
  • Quest - Mark YourQuestVar as Discovered
Hope that makes sense.

Thanks, but it's been a long time since I did this, so I don't remember much of variables. Any quick guides that could help me with this? Or could someone just tell me? :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.