• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Triggers and Systems Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Last time I checked these were the plans:

- Import that inventory system and modify it, so that a character could have multiple bags, and also assign some specific slots for the equipment.

- Import the spells and some necessary systems from Iaw.

So, uh, what's the progress so far?

Level 25
Well there is a lot going on right now. I'm not even sure who has the map at the moment! We've got so many triggerers and not even a handful of terrainers so please, to ALL members, if you are given the map either over MSN or email or the forums or where ever you got it from, please for the love of god, POST THAT YOU HAVE IT! I feel so left behind when I'm not sure who has the map lol

Level 8
I finished assassin. Really wasn't too difficult because all the systems were already there.

Answer all those questions:
Leave elemental damage support (resistances)?
Add mana to warrior on attack and/or hit?
Leave support for blocking usage of melee abilities when no melee weapons are equiped? (Requires equipment system)
Disable (rather than remove) parts of abilities that use hero damage retrival?
Remove all support for combo points?
I need to know so that I don't remove parts that you might want to use.

Last edited:
Level 17
Leave elemental damage support (resistances)?
I'd *like* to have that, really... the problem is, would every unit need his "resistence table" compiled, or only those with effective resistences? Also, would that weight much on the loading time?

Add mana to warrior on attack and/or hit?
Yes, that's important. X mana\strike + %damage dealt\recieved, plz and <3.

Leave support for blocking usage of melee abilities when no melee weapons are equiped? (Requires equipment system)
Yes, that's one of the two main reason I want an inventory system. I'm still waiting to know if the one we talked about in the other forum can be imported or not...

Disable (rather than remove) parts of abilities that use hero damage retrival?
Yes.

Remove all support for combo points?
I'm not too sure about that... can you disable it for now?

Level 8
I'd *like* to have that, really... the problem is, would every unit need his "resistence table" compiled, or only those with effective resistences? Also, would that weight much on the loading time?
No, only those with resistances need to have it set (duh?).
It wouldn't add a noticable loading time.

Yes, that's important. X mana\strike + %damage dealt\recieved, plz and <3.
K

Yes, that's one of the two main reason I want an inventory system. I'm still waiting to know if the one we talked about in the other forum can be imported or not...
I'll leave the required functions empty then, so your jassers can fill them in once the inventory system is in place.

I'm not too sure about that... can you disable it for now?
I don't really see a point, it is already added to the map and the only options are either to remove it or keep it.

Level 17
No, only those with resistances need to have it set (duh?).
It wouldn't add a noticable loading time.

Ok then. That would be a nice addition for every caster class. :)

I don't really see a point, it is already added to the map and the only options are either to remove it or keep it.

Yeah, you're right, I was just thinking that some players might not like it... well, nevermind. :) If it's already imported, keep it.

Level 8
Shadow: can you trigger multiple animation sets like in IaW?
I don't really understand what you're asking, but since I did it in IaW (you said) then I may do it again for your project.

I just need a little info on IaW, or atleast a link to it's screenshots and info because I do not know what IaW is besides the fact that it's a WC3 project :p
Bad :/

http://sRPG.playz.it/
click Downloads -> Official sRPG maps -> Iaw 0.92c

Or you can ask me for the private beta version, which is a heck-load better ;)

Level 25
Dunno...anyway, as complex and compact as it looks, it's the only system I could find that had an inventory system very much alike an MMORPG's inventory system or an RPG's inventory. That's what I like most about it, however, it takes up the entire screen and that's a little boo boo :p
Anyone know the triggerer/JASSer "-=Emergenzy=-"? I used to talk with him on MSN but he hasn't been on MSN for a really long time now. But he is an awesome RPG maker. He'd be perfect for this team.
[Edit]
BTW, I just found this map and according to reviews, it's alot like WoW. Can someone please test it and see if it has any systems that can be used for War3WoW? Not sure if it's protected. http://www.wc3-mapping.net/index.php?downloads-show-19

Last edited:
Level 25
@HappyTauren: Hey, what system are you currently working on and how close are you to finishing it?
[EDIT]
Here is some more detailed information about Flight Paths, Boat paths, and Zepplin paths:
World-Routes-Horde.jpg

@Storm_Surge: As a first assignment to trigger if you have not chosen your own, you can choose to either trigger more stronger AI and more realistic AI; OR you can help fix the party system (System that allows players to invite heroes to group) and make the option to kick specific party members available, making more room for another new party member replacing the kicked hero.

Last edited:
Level 1
k, and btw, make sure you add the WoW inventory/equipment system.
[EDIT]
BTW, What is your MSN Storm_Surge? Gmail is for yahoo.

I only really use Xfire these days. I have accounts for the other IM clients, but I'm literally never on.

On Xfire I'm stormsurge though. :infl_thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.