• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Require Multiplayer Backpack system

Level 1
"Hello guys, I'm looking for a backpack system for my RPG map.
I know there are several options out there, and I have already checked out quite a few of them.
The problem is that most of the highly recommended systems are too expensive for my taste.
I'm not a coding Guy, so JASS and all the custom script stuff are like a black box to me.

All I need is a simple 6-slot bag unit that spawns at hero select or character load. It would be
great if it could automatically follow the hero and maybe have the option to switch to a second inventory tab with another 6 slots.

I don't know the current state, but the last time I played the map "DemonicSwordORPG," it had a bag system that
is basically what I want, perhaps without some of the complex functions.
At the moment, my biggest achievement is getting the CodelessSave by Triggerhappy to work well in my map,
so the backpack system needs to be compatible with that.
And, as I mentioned before, it should be easy to implement since my skills in this area are very limited."

I hope somebody here can help me out with soemthing, or at least share knowledge cuz thats what i miss the most ^^

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Hello, could you please describe exactly what you want?

Can the backpack be issued orders to move around the map freely? How does that work with the follow functionality? Should there be some kind of leash range which teleports the backpack back to the hero?

Explain every little detail you can think of as to how it should function.