• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Simple Backpack system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
Hey Guys! I am in a great need of a backpack system for my map. I've played Gaias Retaliation and I really liked the backpack system there. I am sure it's something complicated. What I need help with is, how to make a unit that is permanently moving with you, is invisible and is untargetable.

Note: I am not really good with triggers, so only simple stuff if it's possible.

Thanks!!!

Level 2
your solution(unit)

1)First,copy the unit 'locust' under the undead(special) category,then paste it.
You will now have a new custom unit.For that custom unit,change the model to 'unit-missiles-chimerae(the second one)'
2)Set the unit base movement speed to 522(remember to set the max unit ms to 522 at 'Advanced>Gameplay Constant'
3)at gameplay constant,set the unit follow range to less than 50

Then you will need to use trigger to create that unit at the position of your hero.
Then use the trigger to order that custom unit to follow(move to) you hero.

Hope this will help.

1)First,copy the unit 'locust' under the undead(special) category,then paste it.
You will now have a new custom unit.For that custom unit,change the model to 'unit-missiles-chimerae(the second one)'
2)Set the unit base movement speed to 522(remember to set the max unit ms to 522 at 'Advanced>Gameplay Constant'
3)at gameplay constant,set the unit follow range to less than 50

Then you will need to use trigger to create that unit at the position of your hero.
Then use the trigger to order that custom unit to follow(move to) you hero.

Hope this will help.

1) you dont need to copy the locust unit... you can create any unit then add the locust ability... and you can just set the model to none.mdl rather than using the chimera missile...
3)why set it at below 50? the unit is invisible so why do you need to make it so close to the hero?

Anyway, the only thing you need to do is create a new unit, add the locust ability and set the model path to none.mdl...

If you need a backpack system, there are a lot of those at the spells section so just use the search function...

@legendaries: you can link the download link directly rather than linking to the page that contains the download...

Status
Not open for further replies.