• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Weapon System trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
So, I'm making a Aeon of Strife type map. In the map I want to have a system that allows a person to only use one of each type of item (weapon, shield, armor, ect.). I have been trying many different ways of going about this and none of them have worked. The closest I got to working would have only allowed me to use one ability per item, but I would like certain items to have multiple abilities. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Thanks

*EDIT*
By the way, I have also created an extended inventory via a bag that always remains in the sixth slot, and it would be nice if triggers could allow the equipment to take effect regardless of whether or no the bag is open, but this is not fully necessary.

-Thanks

Level 5
Spellbooks are you friends.

The spellbook ability (when clicked) opens up to a new "submenu", if you will, containing various different abilities that can be casted. You can have this ability plus 4 other passive ones (per item) if you so choose.

The spellbook ability is found as an item ability, not unit or hero. However, you can manipulate it to work as a unit or hero ability if you so choose.

Level 24
About only having 1 of each type, there's probably hordes of people here that know how to do that. Unfortunately for you, I am not one of them. I can say with a degree of certainty the basics involve item health and/or item type. You can trigger the hero to drop the items after perhaps a second (Because honestly, instant drop sucks so badly) depending on those factors of items already in the heroe's inventory. Unfortunately for you, I have absolutely no idea how that would work.

Maybe PurplePoot will grace us with his leet hax triggers?

Status
Not open for further replies.