• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Triggers - ALL Events/Conditions/Actions (not finished)

Level 13
Though we get many questions like "What trigger is used for..." I decided to revive an old project of myself, namely describing all the events / conditions / actions of WE and giving examples what they could be used for. Lost the old project because of a headcrash on my harddrive (20 gb away :? )

This topic will be updated from time to time because there're hundreds of them and I don't wanna complete them all now.

Me, oz02 and Darky28 are allowed to edit this tutorial and add descriptions.

Events

Map Initialization
  • I think this one explains itself. It runs at map initialization. Be careful, some actions won't work (e.g. timer actions) when using map initialization.
Destructible - Destructible Dies
  • This one runs if a specific destructible doodad (tree, gate) dies. You should assign a variable to the destructible before this event, because it's much easier to use then.
Destructible - Destructible Within Rect Dies
  • Same as above, but this trigger is refering to a destructible in a region, not a specific destructible.
Game - Time Of Day
  • Refers to the time of day. It runs when the time of day becomes greater than / lesser then / equal to a specific value (time)
Game - Value Of Real Variable
  • Refers to the value of a Real (real) variable. Runs if the value of the variable becomes equal to a given value (real). This only works for non-array variables.
Game - Game Load
  • This event fires immediately after a saved game is loaded. Like "Map Iitialization", only after loading.
Game - Game Save
  • This one fires very short BEFORE saving a game.
Game - Hero Abilities Button Clicked
  • Fires when the player clicks the "Hero Abilities Button" (the one where you can select what ability to learn). See no real use in it, perhaps for game tutorials.
Game - Build Structure Button Clicked
  • Same as above, refering to the "Build Structure Button" (the one where you could select what building your worker shall build)
Player - Chat Message
  • Very important event. With this one you can refer to a chat message that is typed. Mostly used by online Save/Load systems.
Player - Cinematic Skipped
  • The name is a bit weird. It runs when the player presses the ESC-key. Look Nemesis[DK]'s Video Skip Tutorial for use (English version in progress).
Player - Selection Event
  • Runs if a specific player selects/deselects any unit. Refer to the selected unit with a unit-type comparison (as far as I know it's only possible to refer to "selected unit" with WEU)
Player - Keyboard Event
  • Runs if a specific player presses/releases an arrow key (left, right, up, down). That's a useful trigger if you wanna create a third-person-view RPG with arrow-key controlling of your hero.
Player - Properties
  • Runs if a player property (e.g. current amount of gold, food used, etc) becomes greater than/lesser than/equal to a specific value.
Player - Victory
  • Explains itself
Player - Defeat
  • Explains itself
>in progress<

Conditions

>in progress<

Actions

>in progress<

Level 6
I'm currently writing a .Txt file that I will copy-paste to the forum when it's finished :wink:

By the way, how do you take a screenshot of the trigger editor? Each time I try to take a screenshot of it, it saves the screen of the terrain editor...

Level 4
need permission

DarkShadow, can i have permission to post ALL thats shown on the TheWickerMan´s Link here? that woul let u free from this gighantic post u didnt finished, and ill credit TheJ89. thats an awesome work he did, ill just transfer it for easier finding it :)
what do you say? am i breaking any rule?

Level 13
Nah, I could do that for myself, but I wanna have theJ89's permission to do that, and as long as I don't have it I won't do it and don't wanna everyone else see doing it. I'm still waiting for [DragonSS]amurai-X's txt-file, if it's good enough I'll replace my tutorial with his.

Whatever, thanks for the help :D

Level 3
yo listen people i wanted to ask you for like erm... a tutor to WE becouse i want to start a seria of campaigns(not gonna spoil for yeh ) and i was wondering who would be VERY kind enough to baby sit thru all of WE featurs and even make these campaigns with me, becouse i would be very thank full to all this, okay? thank you! :oops: