• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Triggering Hero Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Greetings,
The ability im trying to make is a trample ability that passively grants increasing evasion per level. I based the Ability off "Channel" here is the tooltip:
"Shelob is the quickest spider on Middle Earth, passively grants her a chance to avoid an attack. Can be activated to gain the ability to move through units. |nLasts5 seconds. |n|n|cffffcc00Level 1|r - 10% chance to evade an attack. |n|cffffcc00Level 2|r - 20% chance to evade an attack. |n|cffffcc00Level 3|r - 30% chance to evade an attack. |n|cffffcc00Level 4|r - 40% chance to evade an attack."

I have the trigger for the trample (i think) but im wondering how i can trigger in the evasion as they add a attribute point to "Spider Dexterity" get it to increase?

P.S. Here is the trample trigger.

• SpiderDex
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Spider Dexterity
    • Actions
      • Set SpDexCast = (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Turn collision for SpDexCast Off
      • Unit - Add Immolation/Trample (Theoden) to SpDexCast
      • Countdown Timer - Start Spdex as a One-shot timer that will expire in 5.00 seconds
  • SpDex1
    • Events
      • Time - Spdex expires
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove Immolation/Trample (Theoden) from SpDexCast
I feel like there is something that needs to be CallRemoved....

Level 5
Would it be something like this?

• Unit - Set level of Evasion for (triggering unit) to SpDexinterger

Level 5
Do i have to give the hero "Evasion" in the object editor? This would be a problem because the hero already has 5 skills (counting Spider Dexterity).

Level 5
Thank you for the help, i really do appreciate your time.

I dont understand how that will help. I want the Hero to have evasion at all times, not just when the ability is cast. Basically the goal is evasion, but when you active the skill you get no collision size for a few seconds. The trample time will remain constant however i dont know how to make % chance to miss" of Evasion, scale with Spider Dexterity.

I apologize for not being clear.

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 25
Whenever the hero learns spider dexterity, check its level. If the level is 2 then you set the level of evasion to level 2; if the level is 3 then again the same logic applies.
Don't forget to give collision back after the timer expires.

Level 5
Thanks! good catch

Hows this look?

• SpDexE
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Spider Dexterity
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Evasion to (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Set level of Evasion for (Triggering unit) to Spdex_i

I dont get how this basic integer knows what level Spider Dexterity is.

Status
Not open for further replies.