• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero skill levels another ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
This is my first trigger of this type and it seems simple, and i want to be sure it works. I currently cannot test it.

The goal is for a Hero ability to level up a passive Evasion ability.

• SpdexEvasion
    • Events
      • Unit - Primordial Spider 1179 <gen> Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Spider Dexterity
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Evasion (Shelob) to Primordial Spider 1179 <gen>
      • Unit - For Primordial Spider 1179 <gen>, Ability Evasion (Shelob), Disable ability: False, Hide UI: True
      • Set VariableSet SpDex_i = (Level of Spider Dexterity for Primordial Spider 1179 <gen>)
      • Unit - Set level of Evasion (Shelob) for (Triggering unit) to SpDex_i

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
You can make any ability hidden from the command card by setting it's Art Button Position to X:0, Y:-11. This is done through the Object Editor.

Also, SpDex_i seems unnecessary since you only reference it once.

But yes, this would work. You'd be adding the ability to the Hero each time you level up Spider Dexterity but that's perfectly fine since the function will basically be ignored if the unit already has the ability.

@Cheshire That's assuming Spider Dexterity doesn't do anything important. He could want both Evasion and the effects of Spider Dexterity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.