• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Triggering: EPSCO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I decided to shorten it in the title, but in this case EPSCO stands for Empty Player-slot Computer Override. Basically I want to know if and how it's possible to turn unnused or non-playing player slots into computer players at the start of the game. Basically, if the host started the game with 3 out of 5 people and didnt put computers in those two empty slots, if I can make computers fill those slots automatically in game. I'm making a hero arena and I want it so that if there ARE open slots, computers will take control of them. After that I can set up all my other needed AI and trigs by my self.

please help!

-Teld

Level 3
I think it's possible, but very difficult.
-------------------------
E:periodic Event all 5 sec.
E:playerX leaves
C:playerX=left
A:Set Variable "computerX"(integer)(or what ever you want)=1
E:A unit becomes less than 10% life
C: owner of triggering unit = PlayerX
C: coputerX =1
A: issue order targeting a point(base or whatever)
i think you should it try like that...

Level 22
You can still trigger units the same way wether they have computers occupying their owner's slot or not. Just add a condition at the beginning of each trigger making sure that the player slot is either open or is a computer. I could help more if I knew more about the map and what you were trying to accomplish with the computer players.
-VGsatomi

Level 10
Ok I'll try those :)

Well I was trying to base it off this map, Golden Tournament, he has it so computers take over the open slots and he makes them choose random heros, then gets them to creep and so on, I can do the creeping and the heros and whatnot. However, you can only have 6 players, so I'm assuming the other six are already set up as computer players that just assume control of the units. My hero arena has 12, I'm using WEU's hero selection system, so as long as I can select the unit for that open slot or computer controled I should be fine. I can do A.I commands for those units after that right?

-Teld

Status
Not open for further replies.