• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is there a way to make a player slot look like a computer after game starts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I dont think this is possible, but what i want to know is after the game starts, can a user player slot or closed slot be turned into a computer slot as far as the game can detect.
Like without making a slot as "Computer normal" before the game starts can it be made into that later in the game?
I want this to return as true after that for any given player.
Condition - (Player 1 (Red) controller) Equal to Computer

Possible or no? I'm thinking its not..but figured i'd ask. :)

Level 21
I don't know if there is a way to do exactly that, but what are you trying to do? you can probably find a workaround - like -

have an integer array with a value for each player that you set at map init representing if the player is controlled by pc,user or none.

when the event that is relevant to you happens - change the integer value to what you want.

then just check for that integer which in effect is your own customizable player controller index.

Level 18
You cannot enable the built-in AI for empty slots or players who left. You will have to either trigger the actions or relinquish control of the units to a computer controlled player slot. With 24 players, there should be plenty of player slots to use.

FYI, a player should not have too many units being ordered to move or you will start seeing movement lag. It would be best to spread units among players and just switch player colors if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.