• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Triggerin contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I had the idea of triggering contests... i mean, makeing FUN triggers... in order to amuse, entertain or make the user laugh... Here's a very lame example:

• Example
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters A Region <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for (Owner of (Entering unit)) emitting Visibility across A Region <gen>
      • Set rand = (Random point in A Region <gen>)
      • Wait 0.25 seconds
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Triggering unit)) using Abilities\Spells\NightElf\Blink\BlinkTarget.mdl
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Triggering unit) using Abilities\Spells\Human\Flare\FlareCaster.mdl
      • Unit - Move (Entering unit) instantly to rand
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Triggering unit)) using Abilities\Spells\NightElf\Blink\BlinkTarget.mdl
      • Trigger - Run (This trigger) (ignoring conditions)

Its not very entertaining, but its to explain the idea... I came up with this since most contests are kinda exclusive for those who have the needed software... anyways, here whats important is the programmer's imagination, and not the tools he has(nt) got.. except for the World Editor of course...
¿Waddaya think?

blurb_facepalm2_20090622.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.