• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Move unit instantly stops cooldown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
  • shift
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Shift
    • Actions
      • Set temppoint[0] = (Position of (Casting unit))
      • Set temppoint[1] = (temppoint[0] offset by 100.00 towards (Random angle) degrees)
      • Unit - Move (Casting unit) instantly to temppoint[1]
      • Unit - Make (Casting unit) Invulnerable
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at temppoint[0] using Abilities\Spells\NightElf\Blink\BlinkCaster.mdl
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at temppoint[1] using Abilities\Spells\NightElf\Blink\BlinkTarget.mdl
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_temppoint[0])
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_temppoint[1])
      • Wait 0.20 seconds
      • Unit - Make (Casting unit) Vulnerable
Moving the unit instantly is resetting the shift cooldown. What can i do? :/

Level 11
  • shift
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Shift
    • Actions
      • Set temppoint[0] = (Position of (Casting unit))
      • Set temppoint[1] = (temppoint[0] offset by 100.00 towards (Random angle) degrees)
      • Unit - Move (Casting unit) instantly to temppoint[1]
      • Unit - Make (Casting unit) Invulnerable
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at temppoint[0] using Abilities\Spells\NightElf\Blink\BlinkCaster.mdl
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at temppoint[1] using Abilities\Spells\NightElf\Blink\BlinkTarget.mdl
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_temppoint[0])
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_temppoint[1])
      • Wait 0.20 seconds
      • Unit - Make (Casting unit) Vulnerable
Moving the unit instantly is resetting the shift cooldown. What can i do? :/

Move Unit Instantly shouldn't be resetting your cooldowns. Anyways, you should avoid waits, and never use "Casting Unit" when you have the choice (use Triggering Unit instead. It's a more efficient function). What ability are you using as a base for Shift? It would really help if I could see the object editor and such, because it's possible you made an error there. Maybe show us the actual map?

Level 11
wow are you a lawyer? You know what? im not even going to bother arguing with you. good night

:confused: Why do you ask for help if you have no intentions of listening to anyone, regardless of evidence or the truth of their statements? And now you're mad at me for providing thorough proof of my claims in an attempt to prove a useful fact to you in order to help you learn? Well, I'm terribly sorry for taking the time out of my day to answer your questions to the best of my ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.