• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
i need the trigger code for open and cloding of gates and if a unit enters a vehicle it only can move and attack and i need help how triggering works

Level 6
Yes they are under the destructables section, but you have to each "enable" or "disbale" them. I think when they are enabled, they are close, and disabled are open, i could be wrong on that one though.

As for your vehicle question, you may have to do a trigger which replaces the unit with another unit. Like you can say

Unit Enter vehicle1
replace vehicle1 with vehicle2

just make vehicle2 be able to move and and have all your attack damage you want on that
and make vehicle1 not movable w/ no attacks

Then for exitiing you can say
Unit unloads vechile2
replace vehicle2 with vehicle1

this is just the basic conept of the trigger, there are other things that would have to be included. but that should get you started

Level 9
Try to open the warchaser & look the gates category in the trigger editor. Suppose you dont want any requirements for a gate to open then just remove the condition & some of the actions that concerns the item. for the closing of the gate you can just change the event into a unit leaves a region & the action will now be close gate.

Edit: Also for the vehicle thing, you can try to modify the ability mount hippogryph & w/ that you will not need any trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.