• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Close and open Gates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Hi, i know how to open and close the normal destructable gates, but i want to open a unit with the door model.
So i have a unit with a door model and i have add an ability with no effekt, called open gate so i want to open the gate when it calls this ability.. i have made and trigger already but i dont know what i could use to open it like in "Castle Builder". Cause the big problem is i want to make the gate buildable so it must be a unit and u click on it then u open the gate click again on it so u close it (clikc on the ability) so my trigger should work with the things i have for now but i need the action to open a gate... i cant use the normal one cuz its only for destructable and my gate is a builable uit :(

any solutions?! thx in advance!

Level 18
i have done all i can use it for example i press the "open gate" (aility) the gate will be replaced with another gate with another color and its walkable so u can go through but i want the "OPEN ANIMATION" not replace em with other models or so ... i want that the door opens like the normal destrucable ones that my question... if u know castle builder look at it i want the same system ...

Level 3
yes i know how castle builder one is done. i have no idea how too do it this way. I have emailed the maker of the map (and previous makers of the old versions) and they have replyed back with no answer >.<

Level 2
try this

event -
unit - generic unit event - unit starts casting an ability

Condition -
Ability - Ability being casted equal to open

Action -
Animation - Play Units Open Animation

and for closing just do everything the same exept for the animation put play units close animation instead

might not let things through it but its worth a try

Level 2
yea, it should be something like

unit - turn off collision for triggering unit

i might be wrong, but its something like that

Level 18
Yeah it is... thx for the "play animation" idea i will test it, and my first try was to replace it with the same door just in a nother color and without collision so the units can walk trhough... there was just one point i dont liked.. the door model was also closed.. :/ i will try the play animation idea and we will see.. maybe it works :)

but there must be another way cuz in castle builder he uses another unit too but how.. when u stand with many footmen near to the door and open or close it the door will placed on a placable spot at another place... so there must be a second unit he used for but how?!?! if u replace the unit it shouldnt show any animations or?! .. strange strange o_O im confused

Level 18
ok i have tested some things:
first the animation idea dont work :(

and i found another way to make the gate walkable instead of turn collision of for the unit i just change the grounds set to "gate <death>" so the normal gate got "gate <alive>" dunno how its called in real for know cuz i forget it.. lol

whatever.. all works the only thing i miss is the animation to open the door but how shall we do that while we replace the gate (close) with the gate (open)... thats the mainly important question we need...

Level 2
in castle builder they use this
This Is To Open
Evens -
Unit - Unit Casts An Ability

Conditions -
Ability - Ability Being Casted Equal To Open Gate

Actions -
Unit - Morph Unit Into Open Gate
Animation - Play Last Created Unit Open Animation

(and this i think)
Unit - Turn Collision Off For Last Created Unit
Just Do The Same Thing For Close Exept Change the Ability Condition To Close Gate, The Animation, And The Collision.

Only Way I See It Possible, By The Way, What Model Are You Using For The Door?

Level 18
thats already that was i have in my trigger.. just was looking for the action to open it.. now i know its the animation action with the "death alternate" form to open it .. now i need the close animation name i think it could be like "birth alternate" but im not sure i willtry it of curse.

and when the door is opened i think it changes automaticly the walkable thing.

i dont know know i will look at the few ones maybe i skin one for myself to lets look it like castlewall like :) thx for your posts and help ^_^

i only need ones: the name for the close animation, ill try my idea but if some1 could post the realy name of it it would be also great thx :)

Level 12
I think you need to know one thing you can i WE.

helptheunkown9pv.jpg

Level 18
me2 lol so simple and i dnt though about it lol.. ok my gate works ^_^ but im on a other way without replaceing the unit so i can fix the bug with the gate which will be replaced on another spot then it actualy was when some fottys or whatever stand clos to it or in it (when its open) thx anyway for ur posts :D

Status
Not open for further replies.