• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Trigger request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
i need a test map of a advanced select kill limit to win

details :

KILLS = GROUP KILLS

the first dialog
TITLE : GAME OPTIONS
2 buttons
-Set Kill limit to : XX ( this would change to the selected kill limit in dialog 2)
-Done ( if kill limit is not set to anything, then set to default if clicked)

the second dialog (if Set Kill limit to : XX is clicked in the first dialog)
TITLE : Set Kill limit to : XX <- (if default is click, then the word default would be put here instead of XX, if custom, the number typed.)
3 buttons.
-Default ( default x number of players )
-Custom ( lets the player type a number, min 1 & max 999)
-Done (return to dialog 1)

a VISIBLE 60 sec timer. if player red hasn't picked a mode when the timer expires, then kill limit is set automatically to default

A MULTIBOARD
-Kills : XX to Win <- (XX = the chosen kill limit, if default, put the calculated number instead of the word default)

this is the type of dialog i want to have. <millzys Advanced Dialogs 1.1b>
(Just like the picture, instead of hero selection, difficulty and Experience rate. i just want to have a kill limit)

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Well I finished most of it, got kinda confused with your instructions so I'll just leave it here for someone else to finish.

Attachments

• Dialogue.w3x
    19.9 KB · Views: 46
Last edited by a moderator:
Level 9
yea sorry, its kinda hard to explain.

but anyways, if you're going to continue or other people will, this are some of the problems and parts that are missing

-the timer should start once the game starts. (the timer in the testmap only works once a dialog has been click)
-the second dialog is missing (which should consist of 3 buttons : default,custom,done)
-at the start of the game, there is a message that says "The number you enter is too low." inputing a number should only work once the "custom" button in the second dialog has been click.
-the multiboard doesnt work. (the multiboard should appear once the "done" button is click)

and thanks for your hard work. +rep

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

yea sorry, its kinda hard to explain.

but anyways, if you're going to continue or other people will, this are some of the problems and parts that are missing

-the timer should start once the game starts. (the timer in the testmap only works once a dialog has been click)
-the second dialog is missing (which should consist of 3 buttons : default,custom,done)
-at the start of the game, there is a message that says "The number you enter is too low." inputing a number should only work once the "custom" button in the second dialog has been click.
-the multiboard doesnt work. (the multiboard should appear once the "done" button is click)

and thanks for your hard work. +rep

-Not sure about the timer...
-The second dialogue is there, but for some reason (not sure because I'm a bit tired) its not showing up when it should.
-Thats for a later trigger, but the way I did it (again tired...) it shows up at the start.
-I don't think I finished triggering the multiboard because there were a few conditions and things that had to be triggered in.

Level 9
ok thanks. are you going finish this request? i don't mind how long it takes.

Level 4
I'll work on it...

7:22pm: Complete. +rep if it's satisfactory.

-While the dialog options are being displayed, the timer will not run. Therefore, I changed the setup, starting the timer at map initialization, and requiring player 1 to type -settings within the timer limit in order to choose a mode other than the default setting, which will be set to the number of players in the game.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=biby28

Last edited:
Level 9
tons of problem.

-clicking done in the first dialog then typing -settings again would double the buttons in the first dialog.

-clicking default in the second dialog then typing -settings again would double the buttons in the second dialog.

-clicking default does not set the kill limit.

-i think it would be better to set the dialog at the start of the game, instead of typing -settings.

-timer expires, doesn't set the kill to default.

-actually i requested this one as part of the dialog.
-->Set kill limit : XX (add the : XX)
-->when set to default (change the Set kill limit : XX to "Set kill limit : Default")
-->when set to custom (change the Set kill limit : XX to "Set Kill limit : 999") if 999 was typed
-->then closing the dialog should only available when the player selected a kill limit by clicking done

Status
Not open for further replies.