1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Trigger Question (please Help)

Discussion in 'Triggers & Scripts' started by greenie, Feb 18, 2009.

1. greenie

greenie

Resources:
    Resources:
    HI everybody

After i nearly crashed my computer cause he didnt did what i want, i try to get help HERE.

I'm going to do and Aura.

This Aura shall do damage periodicly to all units in range of the hero, using the aura.

Here is what i have done now:

Event: (nothing, comes from another trigger)
    Cond: (nothing)
    Action:

1) Unitgroup - Pick every unit in (Units within 500.00 of (Position of ***my unit, this works***) matching ((Owner of (Picked unit)) unequal Player 1 (Red))) and do (Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to (Life of (picked unit)) - 50.00))

2) Wait - 2.00 seconds

3) Trigger - Run (This trigger) (ignoring conditions)

Normaly (i guess) all Units instead of my units should no get periodicly damage of 50.

But my Hero also gets damage.

Can anybody help me???
    PLZ!!!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  2. Ninja_Duels

Ninja_Duels

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You can try this one:
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 512.00 of (Position of (*** unit))) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
          • If - Conditions
            • (Owner of (Picked unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
          • Then - Actions
            • Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to 50.00
          • Else - Actions

3. Deon

Deon

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Why isn't immolation good enough for the same purpose?

4. -Berz-

-Berz-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Permanent Immolation should just do the job I think.

5. Meticulous

Meticulous

Resources:
    Resources:
    There's so much wrong with it I can see why people are suggesting you go the non-triggered route :gg:

6. Azeroc

Azeroc

Resources:
    Resources:
    With new NewGen WE i think you can do negative numbers like Unholy Aura regenrates troops , with negative it Degenrates or reduces reg why not using it? Making aura what example heals , but you can use negative to make enemies damaging. That NewGen WE can be downloaded here ^^ Its very awsome Editor.

7. -Berz-

-Berz-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    @Azeroc, that would work too, and he can do it with normal editor ^^

8. idodik

idodik

Resources:
    Resources:
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Playable Map Area matching (Level of Aura for (Matching Unit)) greater than or equal to 1) and do Actions
      • Loop - Actions
        • Unit - Create 1 dummy for Owner of (Picked Unit) at Position of (Picked Unit) facing Random Angle
        • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Force of Nature expiration timer to Last Created Unit
        • Unit - Order Last Created Unit to Orc Tauren Chieftain - War Stomp

Note #1 - The war stomp ability is a custom unit ability targeting enemies only, and with stun duration and mana cost 0. This will create terrain deformation around the hero every second, but all the better - I guess that will look cool.
    Note #2 - Dummy unit uses .mdl as a model, no shadow texture, no attacks, no food, has abilities Locust and the custom war stomp, and has FLY movement type and 100.0 flying height.

Note #3 - There is a second possibility for this: Make the aura target only enemies, and create this trigger:
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Playable map area matching ((Matching Unit) has buff Aura) equal to True) and do Actions
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Set life of Picked Unit to (Life of (Picked Unit) - 50.00)

9. KikaC_NNGK

KikaC_NNGK

Resources:
    Resources:
    Permanent immolation should do the work but if u want to trigger it just make a spell based of brilliance aura or any aura, make to effect the enemies only and in the trigger make:
    If/Then/Else:
    C: Unit has buff *Your Buff*
    A: Set life of *Your Unit* equal to 50

10. idodik

idodik

Resources:
    Resources:
    Permanent Immolation is not a solution for a hero ability because it's not levelable... Or at least that's what I heard.

11. Azeroc

Azeroc

Resources:
    Resources:
    Perma immolation is levelable, you just set "Is Hero Ability" to True and set how much levels you want and add all those stats

12. Meticulous

Meticulous

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, permanent immolation can be leveled. Could also use Phoenix Fire for something slightly different (and it'd be more like an aura because it'd last a while after the units left the area). If you want to do it through triggers without terrain deformation, use fan of knives instead of war stomp/thunder clap. Also don't have to worry about ministuns/minislows/minibuffs.

13. SlickR

SlickR

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    yeah immolation or just negative regeneration would be much better, rather than creating triggers for such an ability.

You can just remove animations or attached art from immolation so that it does not look like immolation :p obviously.

14. greenie

greenie

Resources:
    Resources:
    i have solved the problem a long time ago but thanks
    i also mentioned it in my edit.

and to everyone how thinks that im too noob to use immolation. ... tell me how to slow the target with immolation......

15. Rizz_Boomer

Rizz_Boomer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    you never said something about "slowing" the targets.
    Its not, that we are able to read minds or something...

16. Mage_Goo

Mage_Goo

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    greenie, then use some trigger.

First you check when unit learn that skill, then give slow aura in disabled spellbook to that unit.
    Then check every time unit learn immolation, you increase slow aura too.

17. Maximilianx

Maximilianx

Resources:
    Resources:
    well firstly, you don't need newgen, you can just hold shift and open up a field, that allows negative values where they are usually not allowed.

And secondly, if you used negative hp regeneration, I'm almost positive that a unit killed by this would have no killer, which could be a problem in many games.

18. idodik

idodik

Resources:
    Resources:
    In conclusion, has the thread starter been satisfied? ^^