• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trigger isn't working + game crash...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hi! i want to ask why my trigger isn't working and why when i cast my spell at an ally/enemy - the game crashes? My trigger is below, the map is below the trigger!
  • The trigg LS
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Lighning Strike
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Dm b l1 for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Target point of ability being cast) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set TheDummiesLS[0] = (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add a 4.00 second Generic expiration timer to TheDummiesLS[0]
      • Animation - Change TheDummiesLS[0] flying height to 350.00 at 350.00
      • Unit - Add chainlingtning visual to TheDummiesLS[0]
      • Unit - Create 1 Dm b l1 for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Target point of ability being cast) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set TheDummiesLS[1] = (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to TheDummiesLS[1]
      • Unit - Order TheDummiesLS[0] to Orc Far Seer - Chain Lightning TheDummiesLS[1]
What i want is when my hero casts the spell - a lightning like effect to come from the sky, hit the ground then play the Thunder Clap effect, do AoE damage and stun the target... +rep for help!

Last edited:
Level 26
It does not crash the game for me, only horribly lowers performance due to the fact that you based the ability off 'Flamestrike' and set the intervals to zero (thereby get a high-frequency).

The visual lightning is not shot since the combat flags of the ability and your dummy do not meet. Use "Friend" instead of "Allied" and the rest has not been written yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.